TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife says the A/C is not working :)mad:I swear I am going to start asking her to ride a bike to work - screw that then I will just be fixing a bike all the time). Check it out last night. Fuses good. Compressor is running and the lines to the firewall are cold and sweating - like upper 90's here. No setting though will turn the blower on - heat or A/C. And I can hear the vents opening and closing in the dash with each setting.

I assume blower at this point unless someone has something new to tell me?

Blower is behind the glove box. Where can I get one and any difficultities in replacing?

A sidenote, I have the PI intake with the SATC mod and my own version of the drivers side cooling mod if it means anything - been up and running for several months now and have about 2000 miles on it since.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,517 Posts
The connections to the blower motor and controller are known issues. Jiggle them with the blower on manual high to see if anything changes.

If that doesn't affect anything, the next step would be to measure for voltage at the blower motor connector. If it checks out good then the motor is probably toast. Otherwise it's probably the controller module.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The connections to the blower motor and controller are known issues. Jiggle them with the blower on manual high to see if anything changes.

If that doesn't affect anything, the next step would be to measure for voltage at the blower motor connector. If it checks out good then the motor is probably toast. Otherwise it's probably the controller module.
That's why I ask. Always something with these cars.

The connector and module you speak of are the ones directly in the way of the blower? Two connectors as I recall to a small box that appeared to have a heat sink built into it. What exactly am I looking at? Why the module and the extra connection? Have to do with Auto on the fan control I assume?

·
Super Moderator
9,517 Posts
The controller is the box with a heat sink. Jiggle the connectors on either side as well as the connector to the blower motor itself.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The controller is the box with a heat sink. Jiggle the connectors on either side as well as the connector to the blower motor itself.
Guess what happened when I jiggled the connectors?

Wife also admitted to barreling down a dirt/gravel road once I questioned her farther.

Thanks for the tip.

Have you or anyone tried any PM to this problem area - dielectric grease, zip ties, etc?

·
Super Moderator
9,517 Posts
If you take out the connector, you should be able to bend the tabs in the connector slightly to create more pressure between the contacts. Other than that, nothing comes to mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts