TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i only have hot air blowing through my vents, not matter what i put it on, A/C, max A/C, panel etc etc, it just blows hot air? what gives?! the car is running super good, not overheating or anything. :( if it was still winter it'd be ok, but summers coming soon, and it gets damn hot here!

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
It may need a recharge. You can pick up a simple gauge and pressure test kit for under $20. The refrigerant is supposed to be at a certain pressure. With that kit, you can test it yourself. Refrigerant prices vary, but expect about $6 a can.

If that doesn't work, there may be leaks in the A/C lines, the compressor may be faullty, etc. What I did when a recharge didn't improve things was to spend the $80 on diagnostics, had what was required for the repair itemized, and did the repair myself.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is an update post: my a/c is working again! i tried recharging but w/ no results so i thought things were super messed up, but it turns out to be a darn fuse! i had some electrical things go out so i started pulling fuses and when i replaced the bad one everything worked again, including a/c. my diagnostic is that during winter i have the temp control on hot, then the fuse blew, so when ever i turned temp control to cold, it didn't do anything, even though the other 2 controls on A/C panel worked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is an update post: my a/c is working again! i tried recharging but w/ no results so i thought things were super messed up, but it turns out to be a darn fuse! i had some electrical things go out so i started pulling fuses and when i replaced the bad one everything worked again, including a/c. my diagnostic is that during winter i have the temp control on hot, then the fuse blew, so when ever i turned temp control to cold, it didn't do anything, even though the other 2 controls on A/C panel worked.
Which fuse did you replace to remedy the problem? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts