TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the problem. My A/C works fine while i'm on the highway at WOT but when I come to a stop it just stops blowing cold & the car shakes like crazy almost like it wants to shut off. I did notice that the clutch on the compressor spins then stops. Could it be the A/C Clutch Switch or possibly the A/C Compressor Clutch or could it just need some 134a? Any suggestions sure would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
I would say the compressor is fubar....and I would take care of that quickly. It could seize, killing the belt and possibly do more damage.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If the compressor is cycling on and off it just needs more refridgerant. The system has a low pressure shut off that drops the clutch if the pressure gets too low. Make a trip to the local parts store and pick up a can of 134a (if that's what your car has) with a gage, and charge it back to normal pressure. Make sure you have the car running and AC on max when you charge it. Mine was cycling on my 95, so I shot in a can of dye so that the shop could find the leak easily. It was still working fine two years later when I blew the engine. So keep in mind that you may have a leak, but it might be so slow that it isn't worth fixing yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts