TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my climate control is looking kinda funky, the temp knob is lit up but the slector knob is very dime how would i go 2 change these bulbs. ?

·
Registered
244 Posts
take the a/c unit out using a DIN removal tool. then at the rear you will see some bulbs. just replace them. you will probably have to buy the bulbs from ford though, they are wierd, i had to buy from them b/c i couldn't find them from the local parts store.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where can you buy this tool or is there another way to subsitute this tool

·
Registered
244 Posts
a lot of peopel will tell you to use coathanger or nails. spend the $4.95 plus tax and go to wal mart. it'll be well spent to take the radio or the ac out again.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
1994 4.6L, 436k+ miles at time of retirement.
2,923 Posts
DIN Tools

Try the Best Buy in Southgate. I had a CD player installed there a few years ago, and they gave me the DIN tools after the installation was completed. The tools were included with the stereo, but you may be able to get them from the install techs.

The lights are some oddball number which are not available at places like AutoZone. There are sizes that are close, and that's what I used. Just take a bulb in, and compare.

--Pete :cool:

·
Registered
244 Posts
i think those tools are not DIN tools. the 4 aftermarket radios i have bought all have their own "security" things that make it so you have to have the "keys" to take the radio out of the sleeve. the DIN tool is just a u shaped piece of rod.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,923 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey iron where do you live

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,923 Posts
Westland...

...though I was in Southgate for a couple years.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats kool my moms family lives in southgate its like 10 min from me, can i see a picture of your ride

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
BR1 said:
take the a/c unit out using a DIN removal tool. then at the rear you will see some bulbs. just replace them. you will probably have to buy the bulbs from ford though, they are wierd, i had to buy from them b/c i couldn't find them from the local parts store.
If he has the semi-automatic climate though he has to take the black casing off and it's a pain to get to those little bulbs unless you have needle-nose pliers.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Hey ShadowDragon, could you show a pic or something of the place to look for the bulbs on a 95 SATC unit?

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Hey ShadowDragon, could you show a pic or something of the place to look for the bulbs on a 95 SATC unit?
Sure, I need to rip mine out anyway to put some more blue behind the selector switches. Be right back.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,923 Posts
Needle Nose...

and small sockets...

I remember disassembling mine quite a bit! Sockets were handy.

95Blackbird, I have a simple looking blue 1994 LX with the 4.6l engine. Nothing special about the looks...lots of chips in the hood, and some odd 'oxidizing' on the roof have me thinking about a new paint job.

I've just entered the realm of modifications. So far, air silencer removal and a K&N filter are in place. I'm experimenting with a cold air induction I made from aluminum dryer ventilation parts. I'm on Richard McCutcheon's list for induction tubes, also.

Future plans: transmission shift kit/Jerry mod, underdrive pulleys, aluminum drive shaft, Dennis Reinhart chip....maybe SC seats (if I can find 'em!), rear sway bars, and a Dynosomething exhaust.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
SATC unit with DIN tools

Back of SATC unit, use 3/16ths socket to remove

Inner workings of the SATC unit, the two blue circled things are the bulb holders, they are hard to get at and the bulbs are kinda stuck in there, just be careful.\

Note the Ratpadz for those who didn't know I was [H]ard ;)

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Hehe, not as [H]ard as I. I threw in the extra $2 and got the Flaming RatPadz. ;)

Thanx for the pics man. I found them just before you posted them :)

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Now is the really fun part for me, getting those micro torx screws off (two just inside the blue circles and one at top right T-5 maybe, smallest I have is T-10) to get the plastic part of the faceplate off.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Would you think that the bulbs would be to blame if it comes on and off randomly? Like sometimes the bulbs work perfect, no problem, then sometimes the left side goes dim. And then will come back on when I am not looking. Thanx.

Sam

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Could be the bulbs. Try knocking on the front of the unit when it's dim. If that lights it up, then I think it's probably the bulb.

But it could also be a loose or frayed wire or bad connection.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Does anyone have a part # / manufacturer for those a/c bulbs?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts