TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When the performance was weak in 2019 I added a can and its been nice and cold since.
Ok, I gave this a try. Bought a 12 oz. can without sealer and bought a hose with pressure gauge.

I added refrigerant for a good 30 seconds with interruptions. Problem was: the pressure never changed; it always stayed at 30 psi.
So I stopped because there was no way to tell what I was or was not accomplishing. I haven't actually driven yet, so I'll see performance changes later, if any.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
But: I wonder about the compressor running continuously. I'm no expert but I expect it would either not be running or cycling rather than running continuously.
I mean I have previously witnessed it cycling on and off, especially in more moderate ambient temperatures.

But during this specific recharge process (which took maybe a few minutes altogether) the compressor was on and stayed on.

The can I bought was a 12 oz. can (i.e., the smallest they have and the only one without any sealer additives), and I didn't even use the whole contents. I was just concerned about seeing zero change in pressure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts