TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A/C smells musty and does not blow out that hard, I don't have any leaks as far as I can tell and it blows cold. any ideas, causes or fixes? I have tried letting it run for a while and no matter how long it is running it still smells the same.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
The drain is plugged...

From my experience with A/Cs that is a sure sign of the drain being clogged.Well,that is the first thing to look for.Find it and run some wire up in it,but not to far or you might break something inside.
Good Luck,
Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, the first thing to do is make sure the drain is not plugged.

The second thing to do is always switch the climate control to VENT and let it blow for a few seconds before shutting the car down. Doing so will help keep the evaporator box dry and prevent the growth of bacteria. It also allows the interior of the car to "breathe" when it's out in the sun. This is recommened in the owner's manual.

If neither of these things work, find a car dealer that sells Frigi-Fresh. It's an aerosol deodorizer that is used in car air conditioners. It works GREAT. I've even used it in home central air conditioners and on car interiors that reek of cigarette smoke. link

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wheres the drain line located?

·
Registered
250 Posts
it is on the passenger side of the firewall. it will be easy to get to in any of the mn12's except the sc's (of course). lol nothing is easy on those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts