TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it saddens me to report that the Tbird was taken off the road today. :bawling: It's ok, nothing wrong with it, but with the addition of our 3rd daughter we tried, but it just did not work. So I had to break down and buy a van for the wife....... We had a moment(the bird and I) as I took the plates off of her today to put them on the van as they are good till March.

I bought my wife a 98 Windstar which is in decent condition and runs well. I took the rims off the wagon and put them on it, which made it look TONS better. I also replaced the struts and shocks and I have to do a wheel bearing this weekend. This is the van....

The Sable wagon is what I'm driving now. I actually do like the car. It's roomy, comfy, and has a pretty good amount of balls with the duratec(it's no 4.6 but it does the trick). I need to do a little work to it(ball joints and struts) but it's proved itself to me making a few trips to north NJ and for a week after the birth of our daughter a daily trip to the hospital 40 miles one way and back with no issues. I took the black painted sport rims and put them on the wagon...

Which leads me to the Bird....... After over 2 years of ownership I had to bid my adeu's. I put the stock rims back on it and thought that I was going to sell it to recoup some money from buying the van. My parents were the original owners of the car and have expressed interest in buying it back from me. We just have to come up with a deal and decide on when it's going to happen.

Heres to 2 years

I will still be the one working on it so its not totally going away. I really have a feeling I will get another but it might be a mark. Who knows what the future will hold.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
uhhhhhh.....why wouldn't the station wagon do the trick? I've got a wagon just like it sitting next to my bird...DOHC motor and all...love it...but how is the windstar any more useful than the station wagon?

Your bird looks good and reminds me that I need new headlights for mine...whats the deal with the army vehicle behind it?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wagon does the trick, the tbird does not. I like to have the cars that I have to be able to hold the family if one car goes down, this way I can use the other till I fix the other. It's MUCH easier with the 3 rows(that all face the front) and easier to get in/out of with the baby and my other 2 kids. My mother has been on me for a couple months now that she wanted to buy back the bird so this is the oppertunity to take advantage of it so at least I know how the car's doing and still be a part of it. Funny ..... cause I was on my parents case about buying that car from them since they drove it off the lot in 96, finally got it and now my parents are on me to sell it back to them.

The story behind the military truck: I took the family to a large antique car show where they had many military vehicles as well. I parked the car there(was sourounded by a bunch of newer cars) and when I got back to it that's what was parked behind me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts