TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my car has recently produced a very loud clacking sound when ever i hit a bump in the road. anyone have an idea i have new shocks and springs new end link bushings.

·
Registered
933 Posts
stabilizer bar bushings would be my next guess I just had mine replaced, but it was making more of a clunk rather than a clack.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
were the lower endlink bushings replaced only? did you replace the rear endlinks themselves? where is the "clacking" coming from? give us a location.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
were the lower endlink bushings replaced only? did you replace the rear endlinks themselves? where is the "clacking" coming from? give us a location.
i replaced the end link bushings that go between the lca and sway bar. i didnt repace the end links as i tried the shorter ones of scp and didnt like them so i went back to stock. the noise is 100% coming from the rear passenger side only. it's quite loud i might add and very emberrasing as it makes the car sound like a beater. i plan on getting up early before work tomorrow to go poke arround.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well got under the car this morning and fingered it out. the nut that holds the shock on top the bolt had backed off about half an inch and the noise was the shock sliding back and forth on the bolt hitting the nut and the lca. i tightened it up took it for a test drive and works just fine. i also double checked the other side to make sure and it was still nice and tight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts