TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my battery cables off to replace my new MAF. Connected my battery terminals back up and noticed a clicking noise in my car. Go to turn the car on to start it and get nothing. I have a feeling it has something to do with the anti-theft. I have read through my owner's manual and can't find out how to remedy this except for pulling the fuse, but that also controls the cruise controls and other accessories. Any ideas?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Is it coming from the back? When my car had a dead battery, it would do that clicking thing (not the starter), and it would come from the back. What's your battery voltage at?

Stephen

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope its from under the dash somewere Battery is brand new at 13 Vs

·
Registered
917 Posts
i would remove the negative cable for a few minutes and then reconnect it. also do this for any further repairs and upgrades.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A step ahead of you bud none that. As soon as it touches the post the clicking starts again . This has me very puzzled :confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,248 Posts
My next step would be disconnecting the fuse that would kill the anti theft to see if the clicking stops. Heck, I might even go so far as to keep pulling fuses one after the other to see when it stops - that way you can isolate the problem and be sure of which circuit it's running off. Once you figure out which fuse stops the sound (obviously, replace it) and go from there.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope have not tracked it down yet. And I bet it is a AM alarm because i had a horn under the hood that I removed when I put the tower brace on

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep Brandon that will be my next step . Thank you much guys for your input and you as well sik :bowdown:

·
Registered
381 Posts
You might have a aftermarket alarm with starter cut out. Look for a little button on the drivers side and under the dash. If you find this momentary button,turn the key on and press the button once relese and turn key off. Then try to start it again. It sounds like alarm module is going off and with no horn it just clicks in and out. Hope thats all it is. Mark

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Viper Unit 55HF 1997 model . had the thing dead, Took is out starts fine :) Did not know the car had one:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
9,248 Posts
Good to know you got it. And that it was fairly easy to figure out/fix. :thumbsup:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Brandon yep I followed that "tick-tock" to the source. It sounded just like it was coming out of the fuse panel :D

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yep My fear was it was not going to crank after removal . Marked it so I could plug and play again. One would think that it would be that way I would .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts