TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple quick questions about a '97 Monte...first of all...does it stand a chance against a '94 T-Bird LX 4.6L?

And second of all...what is the course of action to take if the wrong coolant was put in and ran like that for 8k or so miles.(in the Monte)...and does it cause any irreversible permanant damage?

Thanks a Mill,
Chris :ztoohot:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
My friend bought a '97 Z34 Monte Carlo after he got rid of his '89 Tbird SC and it was a decent car. I think it can probably give a stock 4.6L MN12 a decent run. But once you start modifing them, its all MN12.
Go to the "Fleet of Fame" section on the Home page and there are several articles comparing the 'Bird the the Z34. Check it out.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
240????

Sorry that is a little over estimated on that 3.4, it is 215 HP

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Now, if I were you, I would take the car with the wrong anti-freeze in it and get it inspected by a different shop for damages caused by having the wrong anti-freeze in it.

Then I would take the car to the shop and demand that they reflush the cooling system and put in the proper coolant, repair any damage done and pay the bill from the other shop, all at no charge to you.

If they don't agree, go to the local media and tell the world what a bunch of boneheads this shop is. Let the shop know you are going to do this.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I certainly wouldn't feel intimidated by a 215hp Monte next to me at the track. I don't care what Motor Trend thinks... The Chevy simply hasn't got the torque, or the traction problems!:D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
ummm... I was listening to a talk radio show (I know, I'm a looser :leftright: :D ) a while back and they were talking about using and the differences between the 2 types of coolent. I guess if you go from one to the other, you HAVE to make sure you flush it really, really well... otherwise when the 2 types mix it makes a very gummy/sludge type of stuff. It can clog up the radiator and do a whole bunch of other damage... I don't know this from experiance or anything, just what I heard. I hope you get everything straightened out ok, bro! Good luck :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for all the advice all...The monte carlo is my friends car and we were having a discussion about the power issue...i think i won..heh heh heh...What was chevy thinking making a car like that fwd anyways?

--Chris:ztoohot: :znanner:

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Well, I've ran one fairly modded one with the mods listed below. On bald tires. I couldn't stall up (would just sit and roast) so he got a good jump on me every time. But after about 1/8th mile I'd just reel hi mand and start walkin. He had full true dual exhaust with high flow cats and flowmasters. K&N, cold air, and a couple other things done. If I put exhaust on mine and got a chip (he's planning on a chip) he wouldn't even stand a chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts