TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(For my 1991 T-Bird SC)
A/F Gauge installation – (Inside installation not outside running it inside)
I called Auto Meter directly and they told me this below on how to hook it up into my car instead of running it underneath my car into my car to my gauge so I just thought it’d be a lot easier I’d share…

A/F Gauge and wire connections

Drivers Side 02 Sensors (Monitoring)
Red Wire - (+) Positive
Black Wire - (-) Negative
Purple Wire - (EEC Pin# 43)(Tan/White Stripe)

Passengers Side 02 Sensors (Monitoring)
Red Wire - (+) Positive
Black Wire - (-) Negative
Purple Wire - (EEC Pin# 44)(Tan/Orange Stripe)

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
The stock O2 sensors won't really tell you much at all since they are narrow band sensors. All they really detect is when the A/F ratio is within certain tolerances. To get an accurate reading with an A/F gauge, you need to use a wideband O2 sensor.

-Rod

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you dont need a WBO2, (they said a WBO2 wouldnt do much more thats its mostly for WOT and not idle or cruising) autometer said the gauge is mostly for WOT and not to be used for a calabration tool....witch sucks to find this out after i just recieved my 2 autometer gauges..Alex LaChance...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Umm... Widebands are for WOT and idle, etc...

Widebands are also better because they use their own wideband O2 sensor, not the stock narrowband O2 sensor. Also, since they use their own O2 sensor, they can be used for any type of cruising, idling, WOT. :) Most people do not even dabble in A/F gauges, as they are too inaccurate.

·
Registered
244 Posts
another vote for wideband- my roomate used to have an a/f ratio in his car, he wanted to regulate the ratio when he used his nitrious, but as soon as he hit the switch it just pegged the gauge, so it was pretty useless. Plus it's going to get really annoying watching that little led zoom all over the place day after day.
just my .02

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Actually, that little LED is pretty damn cool. My roommate's wideband is a nifty conversation starter.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Update: ..........

I called autometer again today, the first guy i spoke with originally said all i needed to do was to tap into the wire for my electric speedo, then the second time i called they said i had to cut the wire and run it inline, now today this guy said and swears, i kinda got rude saying what the hell everytime i call its different, he said all i have to do is to tap it in, not to cut the wire. So i'm putting my dash panel back in tomorrow, and also i found that speedo wire right in the back of the dash cluster harness (Dark Green/White Stripe), instead of going next to the eec, wich was my first time to pull the EEC out, what a PITA location, and also i have a wrong wire color uptop for drivers o2 signal in a higher up post, here is the latest good info, sorry about the confusion not my fault, but i have gone threw it to, just trying to do my best for those that would like to do this,

Drivers side O2 Sensor you can tap into the computer EEC at pin # 43 (Tan/Red Stripe)

Passsangers side O2 Sensor you can tap into the computer EEC at pin number # 44 (Tan/Orange Stripe)

Electronic Speedo Gauge you can tap into the EEC at pin #3 (Dark Green/White Stripe) also located in the dhash cluster wiring harness under dash cluster..

Fuel level signal wire, also on the back of the dash cluster panel, (yellow/white stripe)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts