TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i've been searching for a couple days now and i keep finding a mix of results... does anyone know which wire is the o2 signal wire on the driver's side? I have these four wires; black w/ green stripe, a dark grey or black with yellow stripe, lighter grey with red stripe, and a light orange or peach color with a white stripe...
Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
finally found this http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=103781&highlight=signal+wire
would i be correct thinking that this...
Black with green stripe = ground
Gray with yellow stripe = to fuse in Primary Junction Box
Tan with orange stripe = to Pin 44 on PCM (Right HO2S Input)
Gray with red stripe = from Pin 46 on PCM (signal return)

would mean that the tan wire is the signal wire?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anyone know which one is the signal, i just want to know before i splice the harness

·
Registered
433 Posts
lol can i ask why its gay? really though?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
because its just for you to see pretty colors (=gay).......they dont actually measure the TRUE A/F ratio........REAL A/F gauges do not tap into the stock O2 sensor wires.....these real A/F gauges are called 'wide-band oxygen sensors/gauges', which are usually complete modules all together....yea these also have light outputs of some sorts, but they ain't just there for lookin pretty, they actually show real meaningful data a true automotive enthusiast can actually use to make their car faster/run better/etc/etc

·
Registered
433 Posts
gotchya. didn't know that. thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks this still doesn't answer my question... yes i know they do not put out an actual reading without the wideband... i have the gauge lying around from back when i worked in autozone and got it for free. i was just putting it in now since i'll have the dash open and be putting in a wideband later... i still need to know which wire is the signal wire in the harness though

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I honestly dont know, all i can tell you is that the signal wire will fluctuate between 0.2-0.8VDC (with respect to the O2 ground wire) after the car has warmed up and is idling in closed-loop fuel control

i have a feeling its the gray/red stripe wire, but just hook up your multimeter to it and set it to DC volts and look for that fluctuating voltage to be sure (it cycles up and down about once every 2-3 seconds if the sensor is switching correctly)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
k thanks, and once it's in the wideband sensor will be following shortly... just been thinking car has been running a little off so i just wanted to watch it, but yeah do need the wideband I know otherwise the guage is useless

·
Registered
367 Posts
just a question on this subject. should i use one or two wide band sensors one it each bank? or could i just use one and put a bung in the center of an x pipe or the center of an h pipe. i really dont know to much about these and this is what i'm going to use in my new setup. just didnt know what would be better one or two.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
You want the O2 sensor as close to the manifolds as you can. Also if you're running with Cats you don't want the wideband behind them. I'm just going to weld another bung in mine for the Wideband O2 sensor and install it permanately.

·
Registered
367 Posts
yea i'm not going ot be running cat's i was just wondering if i should run two or not, i've heard of people running two, but heard it's also hard to tune it. but i

1 - 15 of 15 Posts