TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the specs on the 1997 Thunderbird's sport suspension package? I know about thre 11.5" rotors, larger sway bars, the basics really. What size are these sway bars? Would the Addco 1 1/4" and a strut tower brace make a noticeable difference in handling? Eibachs are planned when I step up to 17" wheels, but what shocks go best with this setup? Also, I've seen the 17" Torque-Thrust-style Bullitt Mustang wheels on Custom Wheel Outlet (http://www.customwheelsmarket.com/ford-oem-style-and-replica-wheels-bullitt-style.html). Does anybody have a car with these wheels and can you eithetr post or e-mail me a good pic? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Yes, the 1.25" sway bar and a good shock tower brace will make the car feel much better. It'll be a lot flatter in the turns and resist the urge to push so much.

·
Registered
244 Posts
ya, probably. the sports and xr7 had the larger brakes and larger bars. i put a 1.25" bar on the rear of my car and it made quite a bit of difference from the stock sport bar. buy one, they're cheap to buy, and are quite nice, very heavy duty feeling too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts