• No idea.....

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first thing abouut my oil.. when the car is off.. it read i have like.. almost no oil in the car.. but when it's on.. my oil is completely full... sometimes, when i idle for about 5 min, and push they gas, i get a cloud.. not a big one, but definantly noticeable... any ideas? or is this just normal **** with a bird with 60k miles on it? the car runs perfect...

And, about rims.. i have some 15' rage pro's on my car now.. 5 stars.. look real nice, but i'd like to go up to 17's... if i bought them.. and replaced them to 17's .. would it mess with my speedo? and. if i went with some wider tires... what would be the safest to go to? 50's 60's? please get back to me asap

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
What throws the speedo off, isn't the width of the tire, it's how tall the entire wheel/tire assembly is. There are tire calculators around someplace that will tell you what series tire to run with up-sized rims.

And for the first, if you're talking about the oil pressure gauge; That thing is like an analogue idiot light. It's either on (in the "Norm" range) or off (you have ZERO oilpressure.)

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
BeasTx said:
Ok, first thing abouut my oil.. when the car is off.. it read i have like.. almost no oil in the car.. but when it's on.. my oil is completely full... sometimes, when i idle for about 5 min, and push they gas, i get a cloud.. not a big one, but definantly noticeable... any ideas? or is this just normal **** with a bird with 60k miles on it? the car runs perfect...

ok, first when you want to check your oil, make sure the engine is OFF and sitting for at least 30 seconds (lets the oil drain back into the oil pan). Checking the oil with the engine running will give you false readings.

As for your oil level, you need some. The dipstick only reads the last 2 quarts (maybe 3, don't know on t-birds). so get some oil, add a quart, give it 30 seconds to drain into the oil pan, and check the level. Repeat as necessary.

As for the smoking, what color is the smoke? does it smell like oil, fuel, or antifreeze? Antifreeze has a sweet smell to it. oil and fuel smell similiar, but the fuel (caused by a rich condition) will smell like fuel.

I know that is a little hard to understand, but it's the only way I could explain it.

Good Luck

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts