TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I hearing this correctly? WTF! Why in the world would anyone pass on a free tune from "The Man?" Seems to me that I might have to drive up to J-ville on of these days. U guys think my '95 could benefit from that? Seems to me that a trip up 95 is in order for me....:D

·
Registered
726 Posts
What are you talking about? I've never heard of a free tune from j! I think he charges $350 without a chip, and 250 with. Free tune? Right.

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,325 Posts
Dennis replied to someone on a thread in this forum "Installed Hypertech program". Apparently someone passed on a free tune, at least that's what the post said! :D

Joe

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
This is true....

Opps,the "J" word was here in Jacksonville last week and was doing dyno tunes.It was like $125 to do the dyno.I was having problems with my car,wehther it be computer,chip or mechanical related I didnt have the extra cash to do it.So now it all boils down to I could have had it tuned but why waste my money if something is wrong with my car?That is the whole point,to get it dialed in but if it is not running right from the start do you think a dyno tune is going to make it run better,espically if I was getting to rich codes,to lean codes,pcm failure(with and without chip).It really would have just been a waste for me plus I didnt have the 125 to start with.I dont want any problems and i am not going to comment anymore on that subject.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
For the record....

Just to cover myself I got a refund on the chip and the maf.Enough said so PLEASE lets just let all this go.
Thank You,
Chris

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Re: For the record....

Chris D said:
Enough said so PLEASE lets just let all this go.
I concur.

There are no free dyno tunes for the general public, i think this was an exception in a very unique situation. It appears Dennis and the man were just trying to do the best they could at the time.

The rumors of free tunes end right here.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didnt mean to...

...get this whole thing started. I certainly didnt mean to imply that I was entitled to a free tune. Also, I meant to post under a previous post, but the new board kinda got me thrown off the thread. I pushed the wrong button. Anyway, I was just amazed that a tune was passed on. No harm meant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts