TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an 02 or a 03 Mustsang, the oil dip stick is twisted from top to bottom. It also seems that the oil is foaming I pulled the skick out it had bubbles on it. I think he had the oil changed three weeks ago. Any ideas on what could be wrong with it would be great.

Thanks,
Derek.L

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
What's the oil refill capacity of this car? How does that amount compare to how much the oil change place said they put in? Does your friend have the owner's manual? Check the oil level indication instructions there, if the manual's available. If I recall correctly, overfilling the oil can contribute to the oil foaming (or becoming aerated). It may be a good idea to let the car sit for a while, such as overnight without starting the car, and check the oil level on the dipstick first thing the next morning.

If, on a cold engine, the oil level is over the "full" mark, it'd be wise to drain the oil about ½-quart...

(My 2¢ worth...)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll find out how much was put in. That could explain the foaming of the oil, but why would the dip stick bent and twisted.

Thanks,
Derek.L

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
That's how they come from the factory. It makes it easier for them to slide down a tube with a lot of bend to it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts