TCCoA Forums banner

A group effort is requested...

998 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  gatekeeper 
#1 ·
Hello everyone... I'm new here and so far, I have met some of the greatest people in the automotive world.
I own a '92 lx (no pics yet) It has a 3.8 and is fully loaded. Overall, the body is in good shape. They're is some rust on the drivers rocker panel and the passenger door has some pry marks where some idiot tried to adjust sagging door hindges with a large screwdriver... and then charged the privious owner $300! The car was purchased for $120.00 and is very roadworthy... except I haven't drove it since I bought the thing 8 months ago. I have looked at several hundred pictures of thunderbirds and I can't seem to find a direction to go with mine.
I do know the color will stay the same (cyrstal blue metallic, I think) because a full color change would break the budget for now... besides, I cleaned the door jams one weekend and exposed the true vibrance of the paint and think it is a nice color... maybe a two toned scheme would look good.
The engine runs fine but has 125,000 miles on it. I was wanting to keep it V6 and considering a 4.2.
*sigh* as much as I love this car... I really miss my '83 tbird. I loved the lines of that car.

I'm looking for opions, ideas, and any thoughts you may have in building up this car into something nice. I look forward to hearing from everyone... you can also find me as: gatekeeper_2032 on yahoo's IM.
Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the SuperCoupe style. I'd go with that and a Cervinis hood like Andy (Melon) has on his. Then if you wanna keep stock wheels, go with the SuperCoupe 16" wheels.

Check this out, it may give you some ideas, interior or otherwise. My old Cougar:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/205297

I did some little stuff to the interior that is fairly easy to do, cupholders, speaker panels, interior painting, and custom gauges from ScottHrbacek. Any little stuff like that you want to do, hit me up on Yahoo! as hah2001. My messenger is on all the time, though I may not be. I'm usually on at night.

#3 ·
My favorite setup (and what I had planned on doing to my 94 prior to the "incident" with the F350 :redmad: ) is as follows:

94/95 front bumper cover
96/97 Hood/Headlights
SC ground effects
94/95 SC bumper cover
Modified Razzi front spoiler to match the level of the SC ground effects
Small wing
Gently lowered (1.5")
17 x 8 or 9 wheels

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/353660/1095110425525_Clean_Rear_Before_Nats.JPG

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/353660/1094875305787_Clean_Passenger_Before_Nats.JPG

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/353660/1096363203727_Clean_Driver_Before_Nats.JPG

I never got to complete my plans, but I think that is the best "OEM" looking combination available. I'm not a fan of taller hoods... because can't see over them. so that is why I stayed with the OEM hood.

Just my .02 and welcome to the boards!! :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Ive got a two tone on mine, blue/black. Looks good on these cars I think, though mines not a pristine example. I would definately add cupholders if you dont have already (ones from a taurus/sable work great).

IMO a slight rake looks good, not too much but with the taller tires on the back, it looks alot meaner

Get the rust on the rockers fixed as soon as you can, Ive been in a losing fight with it for two years now, mine need to be replaced but thats gonna have to wait for another year.

#5 ·
thanks for all the replies... and everyone had good ideas to work off of. i was also thinking of a two tone paint scheme... i wanted to do the top half in a deep metallic blue and leave the stock ice blue on the bottom. this way i don't have to paint the door jams and engine bay.
i would like to see pics of your two tone... would you email them to me?

#6 ·
Hey Gatekeeper, welcome the forum. Keep an eye on the Kentucky chapter because there is a meet in the works. More than likely, the meet will be held in Louisville. We'd love to see you out there.

#7 ·
Just don't do 2-tone like this! I have to see this everyday. Yellow, silver, baby-blue stripe, and ugly hubcaps. Plus a white tailgate. Notice I'm the only Ford in a row of 4 GM mini pickups?

#8 ·
gatekeeper said:
thanks for all the replies... and everyone had good ideas to work off of. i was also thinking of a two tone paint scheme... i wanted to do the top half in a deep metallic blue and leave the stock ice blue on the bottom. this way i don't have to paint the door jams and engine bay.
i would like to see pics of your two tone... would you email them to me?

Ill try to find a couple of pics when it was clean. Kinda covered in dust from the gravel roads and that. The two tone on mine is from the trim down though.

#9 ·
thanks for the invite and no, i won't use yellow/silver... just two shades of blue. i look forward to seeing your pics to "blue ls".
and thanks to everyone for welcoming me. i have so many questions but don't want to turn into a post whore or be chewed on by that guy was complaining about dues, so i will keep my post short for now but i do plan on joining you guys.

#10 ·

Not the best pic, but its the only one I have where it is kinda clean.

#12 ·
#13 ·
i like musto's car, just not a fan of the wheels and i would gone witha slightly darker color, but it looks good to me as is.

and gatekeeper, whatever you do to your car, rmember one thing. you have to ook at it like that until you can afford to change it, so make suer you really like it. :) ive already made that mistake before. dig around on here and im sure you will find something that you like and work off of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.