TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday I met up with Nate for an interesting day of shooting things. First we went to the archery range near my house, then we got some lunch and headed to his house. From there we went to shoot some pistols.

We shot a Walther PPK, in .32 auto. A Walther P99, in 9mm (James Bond's new gun) a .45 Long Colt, Black powder revolver... remake of the gun used in the late 1800s. We would've shot the M1911 .45, but we didn't have the correct rounds and a Llama .44 magnum revolver

Then we went back to his house and took some pics with this nice piece of history, an M1 garand:

http://www.crystalbeckvold.com/m1/

·
Registered
83 Posts
Now we just need to find a good rifle range around here, so we can shoot the M1, and the M1903-A3 Springfield. Perhaps the 30 30 Winchester pump action? :D

-Nate B

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
An M1 Garand is in the top 3 of guns that I want!! I'd love to start a collection of WWII and earlier military rifles. I already have a Swiss Schmidt/Rubin Model 1911 Carbine. Hard to find ammo though! 7.5 X 55 MM! Next I want an M1 Garand (as earlier stated) or a Springfield 03. Ah if only I could win the lottery!

Anyway, nice rifle!

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Them Springfield M1's sell for $1,300+ new! I thought they'd be pretty cheap since they've been making them forever, but nope.

Traveler - Springfield 03's aren't hard to find, and they're not expensive either. We have two, an 03-A2 and an 03-A3. I'm rather fond of them, and knowing their military history.

Another fun military gun, a 30-40 Krag. Got one of them too, just needs a stock, and they are expensive. :(

I LOVE GUNS!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Both the Garand and the M1903-A3 that we have are from WWII, and have seen action. We have the original slings, bayonets, and the servicing kits in the butt of the rifles.
We also have an M1911 that's from 1942, in superb shape.

We didn't break the latter two out last night, but they're just as fun as the M1.

-Nate B

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
SC_Steve said:
crystal looks so threatining in that first pic lol :D
can someone oh, I dunno, photoshop her into some kinda war scene? :D I think that'd be funny.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What?

Unless this was a date :tongue: , post things like this under the events section so that other New England folks can get in on it!

Sounds like you two had fun.

Mike J

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Chicks with guns rule! That's always been something I've found sweet...

I too would love to have a large collection of old-school weapons...probably won't happen though anytime soon. First two on my list are my own personal pistol and rifle...not sure what kind of pistol I'd like, but I really want to get an AR15. My best friend has a very compact Colt .45 (7/1 capacity, very, very small), I'd like something similar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts