TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im goin over to talk to my exhaust guy sometime this week and i did my research and decided on the Seabass setup, it seems like the cheapest and best sounding way to go.

my question for anybody that has it on there car is....is there any drone and does it get annoying on long trips? all of the topics ive looked at don't mention anything about the interior sound levels or amount of drone.

if somebody could clear this up for me it would be greatly appreciated.:D

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
u got the description of the setup....

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I would suggest using a terminator muffler. It sounds much like a 40 series, but flows much better, since it is a straight thru design. I had one on my 89, and it had no drone. It had a rumble at low speed and a bark on tip-in that became a deep roar.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Just reposting this, for those that have not seen Seabass's setup before. I have been thinking about this setup again as well. If I ever pay this infernal credit card off (1 useless tranny, one rebuild on a tranny), I might go for it.

I do not know the size of the pipes involved though. :leftright

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yeah I have no cats now, connected with adual in Terminator muffler as well It kicks *** it has a single out to 3 inch under my car and split after the rear axel too the two 2 1/4 split tails looks bad *** and sounds bad ***.
Regg

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
yes.

regardless of what C had, it would be pointless to go larger than 2.25 dual or 3" single. You could do 2.5 dual after the muffler without it affecting torque much.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, ive printed out the setup and will bring it to my guy this week:)

im also going to look into the terminator muffler, i'll do whatever it takes for as little drone as possible.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
by any chance does anybody have a sound clip of the terminator muffler?

and are high flow cats worth the money or should i just keep my stockers on?

btw, im goin to the shop in a few hours to talk about it

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Hey does anyone have a magnaflow 2 in 1 out resonator in the place were the flowmaster muffler would go on the sea bass setup?? If so how does it sound or if possible any sound clips. I'm trying to get a better sound out the back without drone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts