TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know some things about the Vortech route. I have a 97 Bird 4.6L, so i'm looking for someone who's donr this on a 96/97. First, can i leave the A/C lines on the car, or will thier position be in the way of the headunit? Basically Will I have to modify bend or remover the lines? Also, when relocating the coil pack, is the hardware supplied with the kit interchangeable with our engine, or will i have to rig something up myself? And I am going to run the 9psi non-SQ kit, has anyone had problems with this on a stock engine. I have 80K, headers, updated intake, 75mm TB...blahh blahh. ohhhh...and yes I will be removing the NOS and selling it before the charger goes on. Chris

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
CobraRThunder said:
I just wanted to know some things about the Vortech route. I have a 97 Bird 4.6L, so i'm looking for someone who's donr this on a 96/97. First, can i leave the A/C lines on the car, or will thier position be in the way of the headunit? Basically Will I have to modify bend or remover the lines? Also, when relocating the coil pack, is the hardware supplied with the kit interchangeable with our engine, or will i have to rig something up myself? And I am going to run the 9psi non-SQ kit, has anyone had problems with this on a stock engine. I have 80K, headers, updated intake, 75mm TB...blahh blahh. ohhhh...and yes I will be removing the NOS and selling it before the charger goes on. Chris

You have to bend the A/C lines around some, it's no big deal. Yes the coil mount will work, the 96-97 engine is identical to the 96-97 mustang engine.

I'll have a SQ kit for sale shortly if you're interested. The head unit and discharge tube I used on my car, the tube is modified for the Lightning ACT to go in it. Got all new brackets and hoses on order from Vortech. Let me know if you want a crack at it before I put it in the classifieds, it'd be a lot cheaper than a new one.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am I missing something. What is the Lightning ACT? Does this replace the IAT? Chris

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
And in my case the AC was totaly in the way :(
Boo Paxton but at least its self oiled thats why I wanted it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The old S-Trim will be noisy as heck, but some people like that. As KD said A/C lines just need to be bent a bit, I also had to notch out the fan shroud. It'll fit under the stock hood too, if you've still got one. Just need to trim a lil bracing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts