TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back i had my transmission repaired and the only thing that i noticed after that is that my vehicle is now governed to a leisurely 95 mph... i used to own a 1995 thunderbird and it went at least 110 before the govenor kicked in and started to cut fuel.... could it be that the trans shop didnt want me blowin up another trans... since ive been there before....? is it possible for a trans shop to reprogram the ecu to govern the cars top speed? the reason i ask is becuase i started have all these transmission issues the cars top speed was the same as my previous thunderbird...thanks guys:2huh:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think if i remember right i rolled the 1-2 sprag....oops... i dont know how i did that one...all i know is that it happenned while i was accelerating fairly fast and the trans shook a lil violent for a second...this happenned after the first time i brought it in originally.... but i account the failure of the sprag on my behalf becuase i didnt break in the trans right after the repair... i dont recall originally what i was in the trans shop for the first time... nor do i know what repairs were made...but would an incorrect speedo gear send the wrong vehicle speed to the ECU causing it to cut in the governor? thanks

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
were they suppose to rebuild your broken transmission or swap in a used transmission? Because if the speedo gear is different, that means they put in a different transmission with the speedo gear from that tranny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts