TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a flowmaster cat back system on my bird, and when i put it in there was plenty on room for the mufflers to sit back there. well today i helped my buddy put on his dynomax system and oh my god this thing was tight! there is just no room at all, it took us the better part of two hours of cursing to get that thing mounted up. so anyways has anyone else that has the dynomax system had this kind of clearance problem? and im not knocking the dynomax system, i thought i sounded pretty good on his car, im just a flowmaster guy. now if they only made 30 series for our cars......

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had no problems with "size" when installing my Dynomax on the V8. Everything was the right length, etc. Of course, I did this job back in 1999; maybe things have changed since then?

BTW, in the ensuing 5 years, the exhaust has held up well. But I did take the opportunity to paint my pipes before installing them--primed with rust-o-leum, then painted them with "stove paint". Stove paint is that high-temp enamel stuff used on wood stoves. To date, the pipes remain clean and without signs of rust!

Glenn

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it just seemed like the width of the pipe where it branches off to the mufflers was alittle too much. the mufflers sit right against the lip of the fender and that just didnt seem right to me but there was no room to do anything with it. i guess he'll just have to keep an eye on it.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
nope, that was the same problem i had on my 93. mufflers right at bumper, and were obvious to see. seemed like they hung a little low. anyways, i recently swapped them out for flowmaster 40 series. i like much better fit wise and sound wise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts