TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bird, know as "Beauty" has been kidnapped and presumed dead. She was taken against her will yesterday between 8am and 4 pm. Police have no leads, and the only thing left from the abduction was the plastic key shroud that goes with the door handle. It is truly a sad day.

Beauty

1994 - 2005
RIP

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
NOOOOOOO!! Not another one! Jeez, why can't people steal Honda's like normal. Hope she comes back to ya. It may not be pretty, but at least you'd have it back.

Jay

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Man that is truly sad. That is a beautiful car!! Sorry to hear about something like that.

·
Registered
323 Posts
that is madning. but you never know i got mine back with nothing wrong to the outside but all the stereo gone. to see my ca just go to one of the site below.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Show,

I can only hope so.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i understand how you feel. it eats you up inside and you almost want to cry because of the time and energy you have put it to it. it is like loosing a member of the family.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Indeed and the insurance company is going to give you heck trying to get all that you put into it replaced.

·
Registered
323 Posts
oh yes that is another hassel. they never understand. i think there should be a sepret division for custom and modified cars. i would be will to pay a little more to have this happen.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
MN12-Blackbird, i feel your pain...i use to have a 95 xr7 4.6 that was stolen back in 2002 around this time, i think it was around the 20th of this month (feb)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Their was but the DEI system I had was very easily de-activiated. For future references and for those out there, hide the black box or hook it up in a remote location. I think that is how they got me. But she was locked and armed. Just goes to show, if you are wanted you will be got. Possible replacement is a 2003 Maurader. That on is a little up in the air right now.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ignition kill.
Your alarm should have an ignition kill when activated.
Sure they can start the car, but you can only go so far and the car dies.
That way the car is considered stolen. Not just vandalized and the insurance treats it differently as well as the Polizia.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Most car alarm installers wont hook up the starter kill so if someones alarm keeps going off they can still drive it. And most people dont even know they didnt hook it up. I used to work at circuit city and the guys there didnt even hook mine up but luckly I decided to check to see if it worked. When it didn't I brought it back.

Here's a little tip: If you get an aftermarket alarm for your cars don't put the stickers on the car. Example: "This vehicle is protected by Viper" Because it tells the thief pretty much everything he needs to know to disable it.

People who steal cars should be neutered. :diablo:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your poor car. I know how heart breaking it must be. And she was looking so sharp and proud too.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Don't give up on her! She'll come back, I mean seriously, here in Shreveport there are like two modified MN12's, mine and Pete's and the rest are pretty much stock (one has exhaust wooohhh) so if your city is the same you shouldn’t have too hard a time of playing spot and seek.

Seriously, how could you not see those rims? If you look hard enough you’ll find as demonstrated by a member in the RX7Club who got his car stolen and the next night spent 15 Hours looking for it in his neighbor’s car and called the cops and the people.

- Pelezo

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
El,

I sold those wheels some months ago. She is a stocker now. The wheels are painted black though.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts