TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I checked the fuel pressure and swapped out the plugs and checked the fuel pressure regulator. also changed out the fuel filter as well as checked the spark out of my coil packs. it is a 95 4.6 with the rebuilt bottom to match the pi heads and stock pi cams. I rebuilt it because it had pushing over 300k on the original motor. the motor is strong granted it still has a rebuilt trans in it from 150k just wondering what I missed I checked all of the vacume lines as well as fuel air and spark. I am wondering if the fuel pump is just saying it is done even though it gave decent pressure

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
It could be the gas. Pull a sample and look at it. Also, try dropping a can of Seafoam in the tank.

That's all I got. It sounds like you've covered everything else.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It was running fine before you filled up, and is now running like crap afterwards? Trying to clarify the issue a little is all.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
If your tank was about empty and then filled it up it might have gotten trash around the fuel filter .

Have seen this issue before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Might also be a bad tank of gas (or rather, not the stated octane)
This sounds like the conditions where I get a bottle of octane boost...

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Well, it's been 10 days. Have you figured it out or run that tank out and refilled with fresh gas yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts