TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im here to say that a lot has changed since in the last year. I now instead of making 10k a year in now well over that mark. I now have a job as a power plant operator in Detroit, which is hard to believe due to the auto industry taking a dive. So if your ever in Detroit, especially downtown, im the reason the heats on. Anyways I would like to thank TCCoA and its many helpful and informative members. There is to many to mention specifically, but a big thank you to Sir William. This forum has grown before my eyes and has a big following. I even remember the old board and the days of n/m in a post. I have purchased a new car, well a lease till i really decide what i want. i sold the 95 for 1000$ due to rust and poor mpg. I love mn12's still and i foresee a 93-95 SC stick in my future from the south with no rust. I pulled the trigger on a Lincoln Mark Z, its has the new 3.5l duratec and the new ford/gm 6 speed. It puts down 265hp and around 250ft-lbs, and yes its FWD it rides like a king and very quiet. Plus damn near every option. Even though I have a new car i will stick around, as there is very few Lincoln forums, and even less Mark Z drivers my age. Thanks again TCCoA!!! BTW the Mark Z still pulls hard @ 120 and drives like its on rails :D
From this

to this

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
yea i think i will outgrow my tbird as well in the near future only as a daily driver. i wouldnt mind having it in the garage being built up while i drive a modern car. I just started a new job as well so time to start paying off loans and move onto better things. I have too much blood, sweat, and tears in my car now that i cant see myself selling it off.

the lincoln looks like a mini-older person sports car lol

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Thats a good looking ride.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Guys, there is MUCH that you can do to improve your fuel mileage on your MN12 platform.

I have done 3 things to my 97 4.6L that keep me doing VERY well in the fuel mileage category. I swapped my 3.73 gears for the set of 2.73's off my 1990 SC (that swap takes me about 45 minutes to do) and use them when I'm NOT going to the track. I've got a stock EEC that I use for daily driving that allows me to use the 87 octane as opposed to the high test. I've also got the stock air box that I slide back in place. All told the swap from daily driver to 15 second track car takes me about 2 hours on a BAD day.

I average close to 300 miles per tank (I think as my odometer isn't working, but 5 trips to work during a week with a 60 mile round trip and some misc driving in there as well...do the math...lol). I know that I'll be averaging more when I track down why I'm getting a "lean code" on the car for both banks.

With getting 300 miles per tank (average fill-up of 14 gallons), that gives me 21.42 MPG. Once I get the "lean code" fixed, I hope to be averaging closer to 25 or so. That is NOT BAD for a 4.6L V8 engine.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Either my foot is broken or my car was inefficient. I would average 250-275 miles a tank filling up 16 gallons. Besides dry rotted valve stem seals kinda made me gripe. Such a cheap part, and a pain to install. I just hope the "is that your parents car" or "do you deal drugs" will wear off. It probably doesn't help that I look like im 17 lol. I would recommend the car to everyone, extremely quiet, smooth, and a little balls. I only have a few gripes: stupid dealer forgot to screw on the gas cap:rolleyes: it caused a check engine light, and what would have taken me 15 min to reset took the dealer 1.5 hours:eek: . My other problem is the trans keeps the car out of the powerband hp 6250rpm, tq 4500rpm. in the city it will shift @ 2500, until you give it alot of pedal then shifts @ 5500. It is in dire need of a "sport" mode. Anyways I realized something in the dealership, almost all of the customers in the service center were at least triple my age lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Nice ride, and I will look for you when I go to the Crain Comm Building Downtown.

As for looking younger than everyone else. I know how you feel.

AS for Porky growing out of his car, litterally he will grow outta it.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Anyways I realized something in the dealership, almost all of the customers in the service center were at least triple my age lol :rolleyes:
Yeah, I've felt that way having my LS serviced...

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Lol roger around here 95% of the tbird being driven are by old people so i guess you dont have to worry about growing out of your tbird you old fart :D

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Wow that is a very nice car! Have fun with that! I really like how Lincoln has out done them selfs for the new line up. Nice car dude! :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
detroiter, Crane is right next to my steam plant. Im on 541 madison ave right behind ford field and across the street from frank murphy. Its the building with the big stacks, and black gates. Its very old its been around since 1903, great architecture inside If you ever wonder why you see steam comming out of the manholes, thats me. We have 26 miles of underground lines & tunnels, 40 feet below the streets. talk about underground transportion. lol

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
detroiter, Crane is right next to my steam plant. Im on 541 madison ave right behind ford field and across the street from frank murphy. Its the building with the big stacks, and black gates. Its very old its been around since 1903, great architecture inside If you ever wonder why you see steam comming out of the manholes, thats me. We have 26 miles of underground lines & tunnels, 40 feet below the streets. talk about underground transportion. lol

That is cool. Maybe I will run into you sometime. Is it good to work for the city??

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MKZ sounds to much like european brand, at least stay true to your roots... Mark X, Mark LT, Mark Z, Mark S, Mark R at least stick with some tradition. I will always call it mark :D Detroiter i work for a utiliy, not owned by the city, my company was detroit edison for 100 years, now called detroit thermal. BTW support unions!!! And yes its wrong wheel drive, grrr ill just have to wait till the "Mark S" comes out

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
We'll Lincoln's new nomenclature is MKblah! not Mk for Mark. I guess their trying to sound more upscale and european.:rolleyes:

BTW I'm in a union, but I'm about to leave it:D

Don't get along with the shop forman anyways. I sorta called him out for being lazy:tongue:

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
And yes its wrong wheel drive, grrr ill just have to wait till the "Mark S" comes out
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the new mkS is based off the 500 platform and will be FWD based with an AWD option... I was upset too:(

-Joel

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't get along with the shop forman anyways. I sorta called him out for being lazy:tongue:
is there any that isn't?

damn I was hoping for a LS replacement, I guess Ill have to buy a 06 LS then, or if lincoln brings back the Mark, which I wont hold my breath for.

·
Registered
475 Posts

Ok I feel better, I was thinking the steam was coming from another source. lol

·
Registered
663 Posts
Man, I get nearly 400 miles out of a tank, premium though. 155,000 miles and my Bird is still my daily driver, having been so for 10 years.

'95Blackbird, I think you were about 9 years old when I started lurking this forum.

Nice ride.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts