TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was out today at the corner of a popular street racing corner in my town where the 3 lanes turn into two after the interseciton so the third lane must beat the middle lane before they run out of room becuase of the merge.... anyways i was in the right most lane and i took off but not as quickly at first but then some smart a$$ thought he could out gun me and pass me up from behind so i hit it.... but by the time the lanes merged and the road started to curve left the rear end just wouldnt stick to the pavement...she was all over the place rear end waggling like it wasnt tied down to the rest of the car..... i checked my tire pressures but i think therye alright... im not sure but i think it might be a broken rear anti- roll bar or end link or something like that... i think i might have busted something the other day when i was doin figure eights in a parking lot when it was wet outside late at night.... this is what i do know...the right side endlink is bent but not busted, and the right rear hubnut on my car has a tendency to come loose everyso often.... would a loose hubnut on the rear of this type of car with IRS cause a fishtail condition when going through a medium curved road at about 45 - 50 mph???and by the way the guys beat me through the curve becuase my car because unstable but after at the next light i smoked him... he was in a brand new accord with the 3 liter vtec v6 ... ha ha no match now tha ti got my art exhaust.... sorry so long but yeah i had some things to say.... thanks for any comments guys.....:2huh:

·
Registered
386 Posts
i hate that 'wobbling' feeling in the rear end dude..it happened to me. Its no fun feeling the rear wobble when ur doing like 100 mph. Anyways, in my case i had a bad rear bearing. THe research I did turned out that the right rear (passinger rear) side likes to go for some reason. If you have that wobbling motion chances are you are going to have to get a hub too as its probably damaged. This is the most likely thing as you also mention that your axle nut likes to come loose. Get a new one man, b/c if you dont that might have caused ur bearing/hub to go bad. I got a new hub from ford for about $140 bux...i checked in teh big parts houses and nobody carries it. Bearing its self is about $30, but if you are going to change it your self you have to get a shop to press the bearing and hub in and out. Let me know how it goes, and if you need any help i can tell you what I did. I did this about 3 weeks ago.

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
not to be a dick or anything, but please take note of, and follow the forum rules on street racing talk.

As you already know, our cars are not meant for all-out handling and acceleration in stock form. Regardless of what some people on this board might say on the contrary, driving an old stock suspension T-Bird in the fashion you've described in your post is a great way to 1) break your car, or 2) break your car, yourself, and/or others. :(
Our cars in stock form break quite easily and are very unsafe when you hammer on them. There's nothing more deadly than a 4000lb chunk of steel that you can't control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts