TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read the threads on LMS lately and having been around here for quite some time. I haven't always posted, but that is immaterial to what I am going to suggest!

I really think that the TCCOA should consider a new forum like SCCOA has for vendor feedback. The reason for this is that this bashing of LMS lately in my opinion makes the TCCOA look bad to people who may view this web-site.

I am not defending LMS and I am not defending those bashing him. You reep what you sow, and LMS has done a lot wrongs in the past. I am not sure that LMS has changed either, I won't buy anything from them to find out!

Another suggestion is TROLLING, the TCCOA should have a new rule which people can not come here to troll. A lot of other internet clubs do not allow trolling, why does the TCCOA? Last time I checked the forum rules, there wasn't anything in them regarding TROLLS!

A lot of the bad things that affected the TCCOA in the past are really showing their ugly face now! I think it is time for the TCCOA to address these problems!

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
trolling is free entertainment... don't knock it

·
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Almost every trolling example I can think of has led to locked threads! The reason, flame wars and bashing. I do agree that they are entertaining and somewhat fun to take part in, I have done it myself and would probably do it again if the conditions were right. However looking back, it is like a black eye for the club. It was just a suggestion, take it however you like!

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Seems to me flaming has been happening a lot more recently. It's true that it doesn't make the club look good. But you can't change people, and flaming will never end. We're just peolpe. Regulate it and go on with your life is what I say. Not trying to be negative or anything, hope this doesn't turn into :ztoohot: too.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Trolling is a bane on any messageboard. Truthfully, there is already a rule regarding trolling.

- No flaming. Period. See swearing above.
Also, generally in message boards, there will be a rule stating to keep all posts on topic (on the topic the thread is about). If a person begins flaming and posting off-topic, that is grouds for punishment.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
TGJ,

I don't know if you've posted this anywhere else, but try to get this thread started up (or moved) in the 'club' forum as well. I know SirWill, JT, SD and the other 'upper' TCCoA people will probably notice it real quick...

I know that's where I posted a suggestion, and it was read really quickly.

On a side note, I think that there should be such a forum, or at least something like eBAY where you can leave a note on what you got, how quickly it was sent, quality, price, shipping, etc.

·
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put this here more so to get a discussion on it. I want to see the feedback on what I suggested here first. This is I think a more read forum than the club forum, and I think it will get more exposure here.

Trolling and Flaming are 2 different things. Trolling usually leads to flaming and locked threads.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
TGJ said:
Trolling and Flaming are 2 different things. Trolling usually leads to flaming and locked threads.
They're really one in the same. If a person flames, s/he is looking for a fight (or at least a response). If a person trolls, s/he is looking for a fight.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I think that the feeback would be a great idea. With the 100's of companies that we use how do we realy know if they are good or not. There is always new companies with new products. Making a knowledgeable decision about which company to by from could help some of us out a lot. Many of us have been burned. There are far to many posts to read to find out which is good or which is bad. It could even be as simple as a survey discussion. A little info is better than none.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Maybe just add a new section to the purchasing section.

Purchasing.- A Forum to discuss, explain, and list the best, worst, Inexpensive, Most Expensive parts suppliers, websites, and Individuals on TCCoA.

Just an anexed forum to rant, or list the best places to buy parts, list who not to buy from, and then have a sticky list of "Dont buy from this TCCoAer"

Just my .02$

And Sir William will be the only person that can remove a person from the "Dont buy from.............", and only at the super moderators descretion will someone be put on that list.

Just my .02$

·
Registered
195 Posts
66dvlbrd68 said:
I don't know if you've posted this anywhere else, but try to get this thread started up (or moved) in the 'club' forum as well. I know SirWill, JT, SD and the other 'upper' TCCoA people will probably notice it real quick...
Since this thread is at the top again, i just want to add that a thread does not have to be in the Club forum for me to notice it. i seen this thread lastnight when it was created before i did some vB maintenance.

i am around more than people know.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Please educate a person who doesn't know the lingo. What is "Trolling", I am fairly certain I am familiar with "Flaming.:confused:

·
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JJanney, I am not going to argue with you about Trolling and Flaming, I think they are different. You can Flame without being a Troll and you can Troll without Flaming. Hence the reason I believe that they are different. I can give you an example of both. This is my last reply on the trolling/flaming.

Regarding the vendor forum, I would like to hear what Sir William has to say as it is his club. If he is willing to have a vendor forum, a discussion regarding on how it should work should then be started. Some ideas have been tossed around here and I what I don't want is everyone to get their hopes up that a vendor or whatever is a possibility until we know what Sir Williams plan is!

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I also like the idea of the vendor forum and that only the moderators or Sir Will control it, and suggestions or input can be made by the members of the forum. That way nothing gets out of control or false statements are not made. Maybe only certain products that that vendor offers would be a better idea. Because maybe they sell some good stuff but one thing they have is too pricey or not of high quality or something along those lines.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
TGJ said:
JJanney, I am not going to argue with you about Trolling and Flaming, I think they are different. You can Flame without being a Troll and you can Troll without Flaming. Hence the reason I believe that they are different. I can give you an example of both. This is my last reply on the trolling/flaming.
Whatever you wish, but where one is, the other is bound to occur.

A vendor forum would be pretty decent. I have seen far too many people screwed over.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts