great joke, you had me going there for a little while, :rofl:

·
Registered
507 Posts
wow, im surprised the people selling thta have even heard of an sc

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
I think im sick now. I saw a mustang at the track this past weekend with the same wing. :zpuke:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, that wing is sooo cool :)

I was looking for "Thunderbird SC" under the search. I saw this wing, and thought, hey this guy has probably been watching what cars are popular for performance parts on ebay. Our birds, and cougars have lots of parts options now.
I think he was just trying to get exposure for the wing. He probably has like 200 other listings for the same item, with different car types in the headline so it will be found by people looking for parts for other cars too..

Hey for all you guys running a high amount of rear wheel horsepower, this wing could be the ticket! :)

one example. I was looking at Delorean on ebay, and a Gtech performance meter comes up, but just because the guy threw "Delorean" in the title. That guy probably has like 200 Gtech listings, with the titles different for all the popular cars.

Overall, its a smart idea as a seller on ebay to do that practice, but we are going to constantly see these oddball parts being listed for our cars, by sellers who specialize in ricer parts..

I tried imagining it on my bird, and Im still laughing about it.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
That's an awesome wing! I'm going to buy two and stack 'em on top of each other. That should make my T-bird really fast. </SARCASM>

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looks a little ricey, doesn't it? Imagine this: aluminum wing for $25 + a type R sticker for $5 = about 30 hp for $30. What a deal! Then if you throw in the 4" fart pipe, you should be runnin low 9's.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
ROFLMAO!!! dude look at that... 25 dollars for the wing and like 50 for shipping thats messed up. I'd so put this on my cougar if it was black ;) but Blaze that is one of the funniest posts I've read in a while.

·
Registered
170 Posts
OMFG you are all a bunch of haterz!!! I talked to a guy once who knew somebody who said this mod alone will drop a second off your 1/4!!1! Dumb bunch of noObs, this wing is not just hawt, its [email protected] tyt3! ;)

·
Registered
663 Posts
It's scary to think what kind of grabage may fly off somebodys rice-out trash heap driving in front of me and cause dammage or a wreck. i saw a Mexican yesterday that had three wings bolted on top of each other and through his trunk with three separate lag bolts. This wasn't even the ricey three tier wing, it was three separate fiberglass wings bolted together.

B

·
Registered
10 Posts
sad thing is where im from there is someone in a sc with aftermarket ground fx and a wing liek that driving around... but its a crappy car so my sc smoked it once and he doesnt even bother me anymore lol

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
ThunderB said:
It's scary to think what kind of grabage may fly off somebodys rice-out trash heap driving in front of me and cause dammage or a wreck...

B
Like 5 inch exhaust tips. I was driving on the thruway in NY and I notice that there were sparks coming from this blue intergra infront of me. So I pull back a bit and then notice the sparks stopped. You know why, because the tip that was dragging on the ground making the sparks fell off. Then *** I move foward (this is all at night) I start to see this half rusted and half shinny thing bouncing on the ground. Then it played pinball under my car. I was pissed and wanted to catch up to him to give him a piece of my mind but my exit was coming up right there and it was a 10 hour drive I was finishing so I just wanted to get home. Luckily the pinball (or giants metal ricer exhaust tip) didnt do any damage to my car.
I can only imagine of a wing like that fell off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I totally must get one of those. Then I could drive my T-Bird all winter and plow some driveways to make some extra cash. The brackets look like they will line up perfectly with the opeing in the air dam. It is a snow plow isn't it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts