TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Definitely looks unique. I do have a few questions/comments though:

How are you sealing the throttle shafts?
"stock fuel pump" Please tell me you're kidding!! :beek:
Are those marine exhaust manifolds, which are designed to be water cooled?
There's going to be a lot of heat awfully close to your brake cylinder.
Cylinders 1 and 2 are going to get heat soaked with the exhaust so close to the runners.
Any rubber hoses have to stay a good distance away from that exhaust/turbochargers.
Those short pieces of rubber hose on the oil feed lines might melt and rupture due to the heat.

I’m not trying to be harsh, but I see multiple things in those photos that are very dangerous and could easily cause a fire. Let alone not even run properly. I foresee a lean condition and a melted piston as being very possible. Keep in mind that exhaust system may get to the point where it is glowing red hot. Rubber just can’t handle that kind of heat so close to it.

I’m sure it is still a work in progress, but I think some more research is indicated.

Good luck!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the car is gone but not from mechanical problems, it just went into a tree. I oil lines were not the best idea in the world but i use what i had. as for a lean problem... well it wasnt lean, it was a rich problem. real rich. it was fun while it lasted.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
That's too bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.