TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday afternoon my nephew, who is now 29 and a father of three small boys, went to his doctor because he was having pains in his chest, feeling weak, night sweats, hard to breathe......didn't know what was wrong. His doc told him he had the flu and congestion and sent him home with a prescription. That night the pain in his chest got worst. He just felt like something wasn't right. So he awoke his wife, gathered up his three boys and took himself to the emergency room. After a couple hours of tests they admit him. They found a large mass in his chest behind his breast plate and did a bunch more tests, took alot of blood, etc.. They did a biopsy yesterday afternoon. We got the news last night - he has cancer, Hodgkins Lymphoma, or better known as Hodgkins disease. It's in his Lymph nodes. The exact one (of four possable sub ) is Nodule Sclerosis Hodgkins Lymphoma. I'm still waiting to here from his wife after they have spoken to the oncologists, and the "cancer" doctor. If that is the final, correct diagnoses, from what I've researched, it's not a death sentance, but it's going to be a tough road. Please say a prayer or a wish for him and his family........Thank you all......:(

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news. If it's any consolation my uncle had the same thing happen to him at 70. They pulled a grapefruit sized tumor out of his ribcage and he celebrated his 82nd birthday this year. Anything that traumatic will take your body some time to recoup from but a complete recovery is very possible, he is young so he has that in his favor. Just stand by him, that's what he really needs right now.

·
Registered
623 Posts
As a cancer survivor myself, i know what he's going thru, Prayers sent!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Wow.. In my thoughts and prayers as well

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Prayers from our family to yours.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you. As my nephew tells me last night, "someone" who works with/for the oncologist, came into his room last night for a moment just to tell him that the diagnosis of Hodgkins Lympoma is confirmed. And that this insensitive person just said "here are some papers for you to read, call the doctor if you have any questions.". Both his mom and his aunt had expressed that they wanted to be present when they were going to give him the final diagnosis. What a crock. We all will be there this morning, I hope they are ready for the storm? When my nephew was a young lad, his mom worked for the state. So he would frequently volunteer at the local state hospital for the elderly. And he enjoyed it. Now he has made a career for himself as a caretaker for the criminally insane at one of the states hospitals here in Delaware. He's a sensative guy and didn't deserve to be told so coldly about his condition. From what I understand, he will soon be starting chemo. Thanks again for the prayers and well wishes...................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts