TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watch out for speed traps!

http://travelkit.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/24/11837705-taking-a-road-trip-this-holiday-weekend-watch-out-for-speed-traps?lite

The full list of states and metro areas most likely to write citations. The list is in reverse order with the most likely states to write you up listed at the top.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ary449UeSP9kdFNKQUs2NmFFWnZUdjEyazB3T3BzQXc#gid=0

I'm surprised to see NC is no. 9 on the list while Va. is 22. After the gauntlet that I drove through in VA last year going to Summer Blast and coming home. They were everywhere up and down I-81. :mad:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
My 9 years in Philly , I have gone up and down 81 many many times , Just one ticket in that time , But many close calls :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
gotta love good ol sparsely populated South dakota!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks for the list TM, but I can't even get off my street without finding the speed trap!

I was sitting outside yesterday and within the span of reading two articles in Hot Rod Mag. two different vehicles were pulled over in front of my house. I've been stopped on my own street a couple times in the past few years, even have a warning issued a few houses away from mine.

Just driving around town I've seen three different speed traps I had never seen set up before. Cops in my town are cracking down I guess! Time to watch my speed.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I call BS on GA being #2 on I-285 if your not doing over 80 the cops ignore you (speed limit of 55 if memory serves). Having driven there for 10+ years with only one ticket

Plus "speed trap" anit going to happen in GA no local cop (city/county) is allowed to right a ticket for anything under 10mph over, plus must be visible for 500' from the road and at night must have lights on. These are state laws thanks to the speed traps GA had in the 70's.

Further with the size of the city of Atlanta (132 sq miles) I'd find it hard to actually get a ticket there, now Metro Atlanta that's another story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts