1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
why they are pretty darn simple

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
again, stop , step away from the car, go buy a set of lca's and a set of strut rod bushings. just you can buy the ball joints seperate .doesnt mean you should. these cars are old and its more cost/time effective to replace the whole darn thing

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i mean actually pressing the ball joint in. it is stuck w/ about 1/8" left. i cant seem to press it on any further

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i mean actually pressing the ball joint in. it is stuck w/ about 1/8" left. i cant seem to press it on any further
you need a floor mounted hydraulic press for the ball joints.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I used a floor mounted press and it still gave me problems with not wanting to seat like yours. I ended up pressing the joint back out and wire wheeling the insides of the arm to "clean them up", then used penetrating oil and pressed it back in. It was stiff again, but seated after that. In the future just shell out for the entire LCA, I know I will.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wouldn't it go together easier if you stuck the bj's in the freezer for a few hours first? Especially if you heated up the control arms in the oven at the same time.

Nick

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL Yea, that'd make a lot of tasks easier. Can't get that exhaust cut in just the right place? SLICE! Not to mention handling road rage!! :D

·
Registered
955 Posts
autozone has a ball joint press to rent for 100 bucks, its pricey, but i was using the hammer and everything. i got tired of messing with it after 4 days and finally rented it... but i found out that if you use some bushing grease it slides in a lot easier... just my 2 cents.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts