TCCoA Forums banner

aaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  frankjc 
#1 ·
i f-----n hate ball joints. this thing is kickin my butt. just needed to rant a little

#2 ·
why they are pretty darn simple

#5 ·
again, stop , step away from the car, go buy a set of lca's and a set of strut rod bushings. just you can buy the ball joints seperate .doesnt mean you should. these cars are old and its more cost/time effective to replace the whole darn thing

#10 ·
I used a floor mounted press and it still gave me problems with not wanting to seat like yours. I ended up pressing the joint back out and wire wheeling the insides of the arm to "clean them up", then used penetrating oil and pressed it back in. It was stiff again, but seated after that. In the future just shell out for the entire LCA, I know I will.....

#15 ·
LOL Yea, that'd make a lot of tasks easier. Can't get that exhaust cut in just the right place? SLICE! Not to mention handling road rage!! :D

#16 ·
autozone has a ball joint press to rent for 100 bucks, its pricey, but i was using the hammer and everything. i got tired of messing with it after 4 days and finally rented it... but i found out that if you use some bushing grease it slides in a lot easier... just my 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.