TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the past 3 months ive been watching this 94/95 black tbird with tan leather interior just sitting in our local hastings parking lot..... the car look to be in great shape on the inside and outside, with a little TLC it would be a nice car, but for some reason the owners just abandoned it... im suprised it hasnt been towed yet, as its in a very busy parking lot. how can i find out who owns this car bcuz i want to buy it! i called the police and asked, they said they cant give out any personal info per the liability law or somthing? i wanna get this car before the junkyard or some state auction does!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,966 Posts
Biggie95 said:
for the past 3 months ive been watching this 94/95 black tbird with tan leather interior just sitting in our local hastings parking lot..... the car look to be in great shape on the inside and outside, with a little TLC it would be a nice car, but for some reason the owners just abandoned it... im suprised it hasnt been towed yet, as its in a very busy parking lot. how can i find out who owns this car bcuz i want to buy it! i called the police and asked, they said they cant give out any personal info per the liability law or somthing? i wanna get this car before the junkyard or some state auction does!
yeah, that whole privacy thing....the government doesnt give out a citizens information to anyone who asks.
 

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
Joined
·
6,253 Posts
whatever happened to the freedom of information act?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,976 Posts
In Indiana you can go to the main BMV and pay a fee to get the info for a license plate number. The police here will not give it to you either.
You might call the BMV there and see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,111 Posts
check to see if its unlocked and look through the car or find someone you know who can run the vin# for you or use a hanger and hit the power lock switch from outside the car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,638 Posts
Ask the owner of the business about it. If it has been abandoned on his property for 90 days it may be his now.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
7,476 Posts
will a carfax report tell who it was last registered to? If so, you could try getting the vin and finding out that way. Also check if it is unlocked. If they were courteous when they abandoned it, they might have just left the title in it.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,978 Posts
MadMikeyL said:
will a carfax report tell who it was last registered to? If so, you could try getting the vin and finding out that way. Also check if it is unlocked. If they were courteous when they abandoned it, they might have just left the title in it.

Mike
if the title is in it , its all you baby ! thats how i aquired said cougar ! i was changing a tire in my friend's apartment complex , and noticed a cougar, being how i am i went and looked at it, and behold , keys and title sittign inside, no seats, full of trash ,no engine, does a junk 305 chevy sitting there count? headlight lens had fallen off , and the hood wasnt even bolted on. i first had the apartment manager call the cops to make sure it wasnt hot, then called a friend with a tow truck ,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,978 Posts
wasnt that cool, and i got the car for the tow charge!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well my 95 key works for the said other tbird. as well as my 94 key, i think most all tbirds 94/95's will use the same door/ignition key its just a tad harder to turn it but it works, dont believe me try it yourself. (i learned this little trick from a ex car thief)
Anyhow, the car has a small cd case inside with cd's in it, along with a cheap pool cue, no title or anything like that (i havent searched the glovebox yet though) and other personal junk. ill go look though the glovebox tonite, my brothers 94 was totaled but we have a perfect engine and tranny from it to drop into this car hopefully. if the owners wanted it, wouldnt you think they would of atleast towed it to thier house by now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Biggie95 said:
well my 95 key works for the said other tbird. as well as my 94 key, i think most all tbirds 94/95's will use the same door/ignition key its just a tad harder to turn it but it works, dont believe me try it yourself. (i learned this little trick from a ex car thief)

so true but its not just limited to tbirds i can use mine to unlock and start my moms 95 Taurus and my dads 90's something mini van.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i went back and got the registration form and copied the guys info, it even had his Ph.number on it, what should i say? "hi i have been watching your car for the past 3 months, i dug thru your glovebox to find your contact info, want to sell it?" i dunno what to say, without sounding like an ***.....
 

·
$.25 poster
Joined
·
1,900 Posts
I would do that. Whats the worst that could happen? He'd say no.

If your lucky you wont be able to contact him.
 

·
Full Metal
Joined
·
4,744 Posts
just try to contact him and ask him if there is something wrong with it because it is about to get towed, you definately don't want him to know you have been messing around with his car, you might get in trouble that way, if he asks how you got his info just say you got it from the dmv, be vague,

if he asks who you are just say your the friend of a friend of the store manager's, and that you overheard him saying it's about to get towed or something and that you would take it off of his hands if he didn't want it anymore that way he would avoid incurring towing and storage fees. it could work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow Chorizon, awesome idea! im gunna contact him tomorrow, thank you buddy i cant beleive i didnt think of this to begin with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,111 Posts
chorizon said:
just try to contact him and ask him if there is something wrong with it because it is about to get towed, you definately don't want him to know you have been messing around with his car, you might get in trouble that way, if he asks how you got his info just say you got it from the dmv, be vague,

if he asks who you are just say your the friend of a friend of the store manager's, and that you overheard him saying it's about to get towed or something and that you would take it off of his hands if he didn't want it anymore that way he would avoid incurring towing and storage fees. it could work.
Are you sure you haven't done this before? :D
 

·
Full Metal
Joined
·
4,744 Posts
yeah purty sure. ;)
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top