TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has prolly been talked about lot.. i just dno what to pick.

my bird has just hit 70thousand n its time for a oil change..n i wanna do synthetic. what brand do u guys like best?, 10w30? 5w30?, n full syn or semi, and ill prolly do a motorcraft filter. any1 know the part # for that filter?

thx dank

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I have had extremely good fortune with every Ford that I have used Motorcraft oil and filter in, including my 4.6.

·
Registered
133 Posts
tinman_72 said:
I have had extremely good fortune with every Ford that I have used Motorcraft oil and filter in, including my 4.6.
I'll second that
I did go full synthetic with 130,000 miles, but my valve covers started to leak.
I picked up the motorcraft 10-30 from wal mart. The filter you need is listed in their book.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Oil filter is Motorcraft FL820S. I use Mobil 1, 10w-30 full synthetic.

Rob

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
5w30 Mobil1 full synthetic.
fl-820s Motorcraft filter.

when I can get 5w30 Motorcraft semi synthetic for cheap I will use it, but I generally use Mobil1, I use the 15k mile stuff in my 4.6 powered Grand Marquis, the 5k mile stuff in the 97 Cougar.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill prolly go full synthetic 10w30 with a the motorcraft filter then..idno what brand oil tho.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I use the FL820S Motorcraft filter and 5w30 full synthetic mobil 1 oil.The filter is reasonable at walmart.I believe it is $3.28 plus tax. Cant buy a better oil filter for it.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya ima do that filter. n proly valvoline or penzoil oi,l i put the car away for winter..so when i bring it back out ill do it

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Well you might wanna do it now and then 3 months do it again.Buy cheap oil for the winter just to start it every now and then.If you dont you will build condisation.Then when spring hits throw in some synthetic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts