TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through a Jegs catalog and saw some coolers that had oil going in one side and tranny fluid in another side.Basically two seperate coolers in one,do you think that would beneficial?You have to get the adapter for the oil but would it be worth it?
Just curious.Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've always preferred seperate components but any additional cooling you can provide to your fluids (within reason) is worth it. By "within reason" I mean that you should not lower your oil temperature to 100 degrees F. The engine requires some heat :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Any engine or trans oil cooler should have some form of temp control.
On a trans cooler, it is normally connected in series with the radiator. This works well, and does not need a t-stat and bypass since the engine coolant temp in the Winter keeps the trans from running too cool and building up sludge from condensation. If you use a engine oil cooler in any of the states North of FL, Tx, and S Cal, you need one with a thermostat and bypass, or you will build up sludge and acids in your oil in the Winter. I have used non thermostat controled oil coolers on my street/strip cycles, but used strap on covers on it during all the year, except the Summer. The oil needs to be above 180 in regularly use, or you will be causing problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts