TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering since they dont make clear tail lights for our cars....how hard would it be to put tail light that are made for a 94-98 S-10?? what all would i have to do to install em on a bird???

thanks
Jay

im not tryin to start a fued here i know some of u guy hate the idea of making clears for our cars but it would be different thought!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my LED bars on my tunk are shaved off...so all i have is tail lights....

Jay

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
i had thought about the s10 lights because they are the closest in shape but it would probably be a lot of work, and you would probably need to buy the buckets for the lights aftermarket, some places make them. I like the frosted clear lense better than the clear one with the round light inside. have any pics of your trunk lid? i just shaved mine about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont have any recent pics of it since i have shaved it off but i have old ones from when i had it painted over...so bagged on a scale of 1-10 10 being the hardest...how hard u think it will be to put s10 tail light on a byrd???

Jay
i shoulda waitied on gettin my car painted...i jus got it painted like a month ago and im already doin more shaving and body mods to it...

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
well, did you shave the rear lights yourself? I put that up there about an 8, it was a 16 hour job, usually i get sore the next day and i was sore beofre i got home. it was a long day. if the s10 lights contour is close i would give it about an 8 also. if i was to do it i would want it to look factory. when we shave the rear lights we had compound curves becuase it curves side to side and top to bottom. i think it could be done. you should get one to play with or do some photo shop work to see if you wil really like it. most people just assume go with LEDs across the bottom

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have already shaved my led's off my trunk...so i want to shave my tail lights...im either wantin to use s-10 lights or cadalliac (however u spell it) or "caddy talilights" but put them long ways across my trunk..

Jay

·
Registered
209 Posts
i was thinking of a 98 accord taillight

i was thinking of doing the altezza style accord lights on the sides of mine when i go to repaint my car in a few months but for now i just shaved my inner lights and my tag soon to add caddy led strip and accord tails ill keep yall post when i finish it all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts