TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to order the parts and do the J-Mod next Tuesday hopefully. I will be able to use my budds Lift at Toyota after-hours for a bit.

Printed everything out, look at it word for word a few times. Seems like there SHOULD not be much trouble doing it. I'm going to Drill for the "Mild or with a gear change" setting And put all the springs and stuff in for the "300HP" setting.

Parts list not including drill bits is:

1-2 Accumulator---------------F7AZ-7F251-AA
1-2 Top Spring-----------------F7AZ-7F284-BA
1-2 Bottom Spring------------none
2-3 Accumulator---------------F7AZ-7H292-BA
2-3 Spring----------------------none
Deep Sump Pan---------------F6AZ-7A194-A
Filter For Deep Pan-----------F6AZ-7A098-A
Tranny Pan Gasket------------...I'll get one
Separator Gasket--------------F2VY-7C155-A
Separator Gasket--------------F5AZ-7D100-A
Tranny Pan Drain bolt.
Snap Ring Pliers

Anything I'm missing or any Tips ya can give me. I think I have looked at every thread the word "jmod" in it just for good measure aswell.

Thanks
:)
-Cam

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Get some heavy duty snap ring pliers!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure he has one.. but there only like $20 so I'll pick one up just incase... :)

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
hey skunk i dont know if this is going to be the same for your tranny but on mine the 1-2 acc piston there was one spring on top and it was broken and i kinda wedged it up and took me forever to get the piston out so just be kind of carefully when taking the snap ring out without pushing on the piston cover just throwing some precautionary advise out there :) good luck

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Hey Matt, you coming to Chitown for that tune with me?

Also, I got a race at the local track here on April 18th (i think, it's that weekend-sunday) you should come if your free. It's a auto-cross. It's a blast. It'd be cool to have another Tbird there! :D

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Na i wont be able to make it went back to my old job working a **** load of hrs to get parts for the coug, give me a hollar if you and your bro setup something for a dyno i'm thinking about getting heads and intake but i wanna see what she is putting out stock plus i'm might be in the mood for a 98 mark tranny :) work work work

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*coughhijackedthreadcoug*

lol Its ok.

I'll go to sears. I gotta find the drill bits aswell. stupid sizes lol.

Found a webpage that has a cross ref for drill bit sizes. Hope there all right...

I'll watch for the Spring sticking also.

I Might be able to do the mod tomorrow actually.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in canada.... not a huge deal with drill bits but anyone know of a place in Canada that has them...

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i got them for less than $5 on mcmastercarr.com

Frank

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. It's widely known that anyone in the southern hemisphere buys there bit from mcmastercarr.

I found a place that know what I was talking about and was able to give them to me. After I went to Canadian tire, Sears, deep homo.. I mean Home Depot, and Lee Valley.

S.B. Simpson had them. www.sbsimpson.com. Easiest way to find them would be go to a machine shop or industrial supply store and ask for the bits or ask where they get them from.. That worked for me.

Bought some snap ring pliers. comes with like 4 different ends jsut incase I brake 3 of them.

and thanks to Fast Ed N. For getting me the parts cheap and Fast!.

Hopefully I won't have to ask you how much a new Tranny is after I "mod" this thing :cool:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
doing Jmod as I type. ... ahhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
adding in fluid stage. ddint drain TQ, added 8Ls, sometimes stalls when in 2 or D...

ahh??

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok she jsut took a assload of Fluid.. I think 8.5L with the deep pand and not draining the TQ. She seems fine now. Its raining out So all I was able to test is that I can now but it sideways in the rain lol.

Only 2-2 Things that are going on... Maybe

Not sure if its a fuel issue but Sometimes if I put it in dirve the car will spudder and almsot stall, it has stalled like... 1-2 times, it might have been a bit cold when it stalled once. The other time I stopped at a light and it bogged a bit and then ideled fine.

2nd I was like 50 feet from my driveway and I noticed my O/D
light flashing... I stopped the car and restarted it. Took it on the highway made sure it used every gear. It uses them all fine.

Last one is that if going like 60kmh and put the pedal down a bit more.. seems almost like it... need the pedal pushed down a bit more for it to down**** into like.. 2nd gear..

Other then that it went ok I think. WIth a Hoist and my buddy about 2hrs 45mins and that included a panic run to Canadian tire to pickup some more Mercon V :)

-Cam:D :cool: :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
Put it in manual 2nd, hold the foot on the brake hard, and give it gas. What does it do? How are the RPM's?

-Andrey

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
-1-1500rpm

-2-1500rpm

-D- spudders a bit like "idles" at 550rpm then if I romp on the gas it does 1000rpm... but it doesn't want to..

WTF is this

·
Registered
632 Posts
Sounds like the torque converter is not unlocking, but I could be wrong. Lets see what someone else thinks...

-Andrey

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not unlocking?

SO if I am in park its all locked up.. and If I put it in 2nd it unlocks it self... or I guess doesnt unlock...

please tell me I dont have to pull the valve body down... lol :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts