TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions.......I am about to send the bird to the shop to install:

Tokico's all the way around
ST Lowering Springs
Upper Control Arm

Is there anything else I need before I install these, I need all the help I can get!

I already know about the new alignment settings....

Is there anything worthwhile suspension performance wise to do while I'm at it?

Thanks

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
the end links are what connect the front suspension to the sway bar, if your lowered i read somewhere that you have to get some shorter ones since our endlinks pivot, hth, later'z.......:D

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i have also heard of cutting the originals, don't know if i would trust doing this, maybe someone on here will let you know, that way when i do mine i'll know where to get a set.....later'z.....:D

·
8,239 Posts
dude, you can pickup endlinks at any parts store.

Sway bar endlinks.

Check your bushings to make sure you even need them before you shell out the cash.

·
8,239 Posts
I like to buy new spring rubbers (isolators). And make sure you coat them with lithium grease to keep mr. squeek away.

JH

·
Registered
212 Posts
It has nothing to do with endlink wear...It has to do with the Addco endlinks being shorter and compensating for the 1.5" drop. The stocks are 5" and the addco's are 3.5"

If you don't replace them the ends of the sway bar will be pointing upwards...the shorter endlinks bring the bar back down parallel with the ground. They're not that expensive $20 I think if I remember correctly. Pep Boys where I live had them.

Here's the site with the endlinks... You'll need part #008

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought some ST lowering springs, but haven't put them on yet. Tell me how they ride and if you would recommend them after you get them on.

Thanks,

William

1 - 18 of 18 Posts