TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ABS pump runs every time I step on the brake, so I assume the accumulator needs to be changed. The manual I have for the car basically says take it to the dealer for ABS problems, but I would rather not pay that kind of price. I know where to get a rebuilt accumulator, but I need to know what else has to be done. I would guess that you relieve the pressure by stepping on the brake a bunch of times, but then what? Do I just unscrew it? Will it come out without removing the entire master cylinder? Do I need to bleed afterwards? What else am I missing?

·
Registered
15 Posts
http://www.priorreman.com/

Here's where to get one. It just unscrews, the book says that you have to remove the wiper blades and the cowl, but people say it can be done by just un screwing the drivers side cowl. Pump the brakes 20 or so times and un screw it, put some clean fluid on the "o" ring and hand tighten it and thats it.
When i did mine it was stuck on, but i gave it a couple good raps and broke it loose. But be careful if you have to do that. Don't freek out if the nipple sizes are different, prior ships only the short nipple one because it will fit all.
And thats it, you don't need to bleed the brakes either. but check the fluid level when you're done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts