TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, the car was in an accident (hit a deer) and I've fixed everything except for the airbag ground problem and the ABS... I'm trying to fix the ABS right now and Every time I put the fuse in for the ABS Pump the pump will continuously run and when you depress the brake pedal... it pushes the pedal right back up... I have no clue what's wrong, any ideas? I've replaced the ABS computer with one that is good and that's all I've done.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
hey! ever get this thing fixed?

My bird is doing something similar every now and then. While braking at low speeds, it feels like the brakes lock down and stop the car very quickly....and the pedal pushes itself back up from where i slammed it with my foot. It scares me sometimes and its just plain embarassing. I'm 100% sure its got something to do with the ABS system, any ideas you guys? Krusher did you ever get this problem fixed? If so, let me know what you did. Thanks
-Rob

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope... still haven't fixed it. I disabled the abs pump by pulling the abs pump fuse in the distribution block... that will allow you to be able to brake normally... just remember that the abs is disabled... meaning that the brakes will not 'pump'

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Could you tell me what to pull??

krusher said:
nope... still haven't fixed it. I disabled the abs pump by pulling the abs pump fuse in the distribution block... that will allow you to be able to brake normally... just remember that the abs is disabled... meaning that the brakes will not 'pump'
I am also having an ABS problem and would like to know which fuse to pull,could you let me know which one it is?My problem is as soon as I hit about 20mph the ABS light comes on and my traction control goes off.I did some trouble shooting and found out it is a wheel sensor.But I just dont feel like tracing and testing all 4 of those.
Does your ABS light stay on now?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
No one knows which fuse to pull huh?

n/m
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts