TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys... i have a problem with my 88 turbocoupe.. yesterday it started.... when you shut off the key, you hear a noise.. and feel somthing in the pedal slightly... and after looking under the hood.. its this..

anyone ever had one of these go?.. or any idea what its called like.. so if i callup napa, and ask for a price for one?..

·
Registered
125 Posts
The thing you are pointing to is the accumulator. They are replaceable. key off, pump the brakes at least 25 times to drain the pressure then just unscrew with the Allen head hole on top. As for install, I can't remember if it is just screw it in and go, or if it needs bled.

BE sure that the noise is not the pump motor running because the accumulator itself shoudn't make noises. IF it is the motor running, it could be a bad motor control relay, which is a very common problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with they key off i think it is the motor... cause it sounds like its on, and its trying to do something, but i dont know exactly what... is the relay just a wire? or.. where would i find that?.. thanks though at least i know i might not have to get a whole accumulator

·
Banned
538 Posts
ya see that brown relay in the top picture, yeah THAT's the abs relay the one above the dipstick and to the right of the egr. Been there done that. GET THE FORD ONE. I dont care who from jason or your own dealer. The aftermarket ones arent worth the money. and will cause more problems that good. TRUST ME.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts