TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im taking my front knuckle off my car. the senser going into that is it a Abs senser? or wheel speed? cuz i cant get mine out an i turned it with channel locks an i think it may have snaped. can someone give me some info or pics please.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It's an ABS sensor, and I'm wondering the same basic thing... how do you remove one? I turned mine with a set of vice grips assuming they twist and then pop out but it didn't help. I got the bolt out that hold it in place but it won't pull out.

Be careful is the only advice I do have though. Autozone sells these for $120. Since mine is broke, it's junkyard time for me.

·
Registered
917 Posts
there are no speed sensors on the wheels. it's an ABS sensor. if you broke it your ABS light will come on until you get it fixed and it's a good bet the rest of your system won't work right until you get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, so is the hole rod come out too? is it all one peice? if so. mines pretty froze.

·
Registered
917 Posts
i don't have a picture of the knuckle in my head right now so i can't say if there is a way to get them out without breaking them like R8D-XXX said, but my advice, if they are able to be taken out use LOTS of PB Blaster and brake cleaner. if that doesn't work maybe it just isn't meant to be.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya its alrdy broke so it doesnt matter how i get it out.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bringing this back from the dead since i did never get around to fixing this, any way it could be pressed out? or anyone have input. thanks

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone ? Should I just go get a knuckle from the junkyard?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts