TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have just an open rear with 3.27. Well i found a pretty good deal on a track lock differential with same gears but with abs.(i dont have abs). So i know that the differential is a direct bolt in, but i am not sure what to do with the abs. Would i just pull it out or is it something really major that i have to get rid of. And how would i do that???

oh yah the differential has 110K on it. I 've herd of replacing parts like the clutches in the locking mechanism, but am not sure if you could do it in your garage, or if it is as serious as putting gears in? and where would i buy overhaul kits??

tony

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You can re-do the clutches yourself. The dealer must have one, and most gear makers (auburn, etc.) offer one as well.

The diff doesn't have anything to do with ABS. what are you swapping with ABS? On many things it won't matter because they are designed to work even if the ABS failed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with abs the differential has a sensor, i think, going into the differential itself. I am not real sure what it is,

anyway its just a black electric chord that went to the differential, i am wondering if that will get in the way

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i asked this before.

some of the 8.8 rears have an abs ring in them.. our supposedly do not. i believe JL told me that the abs sensors are on the axles.. not in the pumpkin

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
the abs sensor bolts onto the side of the diff, above the axle... a gear engages the teeth on the half shafts and gives an input RPM for each wheel. a car without ABS wont have anything bolted in that space. I dont think the abs stuff goes through the case - so i dont think there should be any problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts