TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
I used to sign gas receipts for the trucking company I drove for with president's names. Boss finally caught on and asked me about them.

·
Registered
871 Posts
How can you get in big trouble for signing a cc receipt without your name? I sign "NAME" on most of the things I have to sign for.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
yea... when i was younger and my dad and i had to return things and they ask you to fill out a slip that had your name and all that crap, my dad would write the typical fake names

ie.

Jack Mehoff
Haywood Jablowme
and so on

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
Carlover007 said:
How can you get in big trouble for signing a cc receipt without your name? I sign "NAME" on most of the things I have to sign for.
This goes back a year or two ago when another forum I post on was discussing that site. People started doing it and someone actually got in trouble for it. I forget the details.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Red96Bird said:
yea... when i was younger and my dad and i had to return things and they ask you to fill out a slip that had your name and all that crap, my dad would write the typical fake names

ie.

Jack Mehoff
Haywood Jablowme
and so on
I work at a golf course part time and on more than one occasion some of the guys I work with would add a couple of foursomes to the tee sheet of names like those, send the additions to the old senile starter who would then call Jack Mehoff and all the rest of them to the first tee :tongue: :uppoint:

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Palmguy said:
I work at a golf course part time and on more than one occasion some of the guys I work with would add a couple of foursomes to the tee sheet of names like those, send the additions to the old senile starter who would then call Jack Mehoff and all the rest of them to the first tee :tongue: :uppoint:
Mr. Dover... Mr Ben Dover.
Ms. Tilwortz... Ms Jena Tilwortz.
:uppoint:

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
I'm going to start signing it "fubar" -- see how long it takes

·
8,239 Posts
I deal with debit cards a ton. I have started abbreviating my signature to J with a long dash after it, I have been doing this for years.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
How did he get pics of his signature slips? Would seem kinda of obviouse if he whipped out a camera every time.

-Miller

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
i dunno about you guys, but I always get copies of mine... alot of the cc machines that I frequent use carbonless copies and I get the copy, the retailer keeps the original...

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
JustinH said:
I deal with debit cards a ton. I have started abbreviating my signature to J with a long dash after it, I have been doing this for years.
i do the same. Signing Joseph D Obucina can get complicated, the last name gets "abbreviated".

joseph

·
Formerly known as lfteyechicken
865 Posts
k, word of advice, legally, you are supposed to get the original copy if an establishment uses carbon copy paper...why you ask, well, it is a security reason (If you do infact sign your own name.) see, a person can take the original, trace your signature from the original to another piece of carbon paper, and thus reproduce your signature many times over, thus stealing your account info and using it. so word of advice, give the establishment the yellow copy and keep the white, if they tell you to give it back, tell them what I have told you and that they legally have to furnish you the original copy. oh and btw, I work for a convienience store where I run probably 500+ cc and debit transactions a day, I check the signature on the card, if it matches we are good, if it doesn't, I check ID, if it says please check ID, I check ID, no sense in risking trouble over something so trivial.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
My signature consists of an A followed by some squiggly lines and a K followed by some squiggly lines. No one can pronounce my last name properly anyway, so I just make it look cool instead of spelling it out for them :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts