TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the ac pump on my 90' Cougar has frozen up... is there a cheap way I can bipass the pump by re-routing the belt? Or is there a way I could stop the pump from locking up?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
1989 Thunderbird V6 was able without A/C. Through your local dealer, or any Ford / Motorcraft parts distributor, you should still be able to order the idler pulley / bracket assy. that was bolted in place of the A/C compressor on those cars. Don't remember the number for sure off the top of my head, I'm going to guess at E9SZ 8678 A, maybe B. I can check it out tomorrow at work if you like.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
825 Posts
i just did the smog and ac delete if you would like i could post the belt size i used cost like $22 at bumper to bumper.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much do the delete pulleys cost? This is my beater car... would the shorter belt work just as well?

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
dwinthrup said:
i just did the smog and ac delete if you would like i could post the belt size i used cost like $22 at bumper to bumper.
no smog setup on the 3.8s :) the belt sizes are probably different too.

thomas did an a/c delete, but his belt is even shorter cuz i think he has bypassed another pulley too. i want to say it was an idler pulley that was bypassed.

stoltz, i can sell you my a/c compressor if you want.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
or i could sell you my compressor, it's already off the vehicle, i bought if off of someone on the boards and never used it, and my 92 is gone so i don't need it anymore.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The A/C delete pulley and bracket is E9SZ 8678 C, Motorcraft YS-174. Wholesale price is $70.26 up here in Canada, so maybe ~$50 in the U.S. This would go in place of the compressor, and keep the original belt.

cheers
Ed N.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts