TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AC line in the way

Okay, I was trying to put my RM tube on and the AC line is in the way. How can this be re-routed or bent?

It needs to rest up against the rubber line protector, but the AC line is in the way and I can't move it.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump.

Anyone?

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,165 Posts
Ok, ill take a stab at this, however ive never installed the RM tube.
You'll probably have a tough time bending the AC line simply cause its rather short. If you did attempt to bend it, since its under pressure, if you go to far you'll know real fast.
can you twist the intake tube a little more away from it? try loosening the clamps for the tube and clock it away from the AC.
Worst case you make a small dimple in the RM tube to gain clearance. Doubtful that would interfere with airflow.

Maybe this will help,
Good luck:)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Can't you just slide the airbox end of the tube forward a bit? I know I only test fit my RM tube as of yet, but I had some "give room" that I could move it forward if need be. Maybe step back and get a pic of the entire tube from TB to airbox and we can see if there is a better way to route it around the AC line.

Jay

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tube isn't making a good seal with the TB with the AC line in the way. If I could move the AC line back about an inch, the RM tube would rest nicely on the valve cover (good hood clearance) and make a nice seal on the TB (AND clear my STB!!!)

Therein lies my problem...for some reason my AC line is apparently where nobody else's is.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
midwestbird said:
Will you be out anywhere tonight?? Ill be in Sycamore later, around 7pm.
Just at home, watching tv and studying for a test for work (training)

·
Thread Killer
807 Posts
If you want to compare cars and look at the homemade tube I have, pm and we can see what we can find out. I know its cold out and you have to study, so if you're too busy, thats cool too.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's two brackets that I saw that I removed...one next to the shock mount (as seen in the pic) and the other up near the radiator holding it to another AC line.

I removed both of these, but the line still needs to move back (towards the rear of the car) or down about an inch.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I had a Richard M tube on my 95 T-Bird, and it never rubbed on anything.

Can you take another picture that shows the entire tube in place, and not just a close up ?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it resolved...just had to bend the line diagonaly quite a bit (it gave a lot more than I thought it would). It'll work for now. The smaller line is the line that I had to manuever around.

Sorry for the horrible pics, these were with my phone in my garage where it's pretty dark.

And yes, I know the foam looks ghey, it's coming off and I'm probably just going to put a small piece of tape on the RM tube so the AC line doesn't rub the paint off it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts