TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last weekend my AC just quit blowing cold air..it blows but didnt blow cold when changing from vent to AC.....

Took it in and they put on a new AC switch.....

Well...it worked the same...sometimes on with cold air...sometimes on with vent air...

so I took it back...they thought it was the switch connector...

well I replaced the connector and its still not working 100%....

there are no leaks...has 2lbs of AC .....R134a....I know its been converted..

compresssor kicks on everytime

any idea?

·
Registered
741 Posts
If the compressor is actually coming on and the system is working but no cold air is blowing out, it's the blend door actuator. This is a small motor that moves the temperature door to either hot or cold air.
I had this problem, it turned out to be that my 5A RUN fuse was burnt out because of a short with the OD cancel button.

As an aside, the OD cancel wire is damn hard to repair.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If the compressor is actually coming on and the system is working but no cold air is blowing out, it's the blend door actuator. This is a small motor that moves the temperature door to either hot or cold air.
It is also possible the a/c compressor is going out. Only way to be for sure would be to watch the pressure in the system while he is having a problem.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it needs to go to a real ac repair place.....I cringe at that thought....

I just dont know if its major or minor and dont want to get fuked over...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok...I am having problems even locating a replacement part for this ...............does this apply to a 92 model...?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Every car has to have some sort of blend door to allow customization of the air temperature. What it is called I suppose can vary from place to place.

With that being said, this may be a dealer only part. First I would try to check the operation of the door.

Do you have the digital climate control (if it was even available on a 92), or the manual controls? If you have the manual controls (and if Ford used a physical cable to move the blend door) it should be fairly easy to check. Just move the tempature knob back and forth to help you located and trace the cable to the blend door.

If it is vacuum controlled it is harder to find but once you do apply vacuum to the door and listen and you should be able to hear it move. If it moves then you may have a vacuum leak that is causing your problem.

If it is digitally controlled then I would run the self test and see if there are any codes. I'm not sure how to start it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
havnt pulled it apart yet but the one thing that does work...the air coming out gets hot when you slid it over to hot....but when it cold area...the air comes out like its just the vent thats on even if its got the ac on..

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looked it over...I can see the cable operate when switching from hot to cold via the slider...

I noticed it looked like the blower motor has been replaced in the car already...wires a not OEM...

I guess the compressor could be bad..

I dont have any leaks but I also have no condensation on my hoses when compressor is running...I guess that means a problem in the system heh...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts