TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha, bet you all thought this was going to be another "I wrecked my MN12" thread.

Wrong!

Not really something to joke about, but oh well

No, it wasn't me. But it was a cougar almost identical to mine. I about cried.

I was on my way to work this morning sitting in some major Charlotte interstate 77 traffic (ice on bridges, a couple of key interchanges closed, causing a traffic nightmare! Joel will know what I'm talking about. It's the reason he's not on here yet.) I was about 2 miles from the exit where I get off and I saw a 3 car accident in the right lane. Normally I would have looked away and gone about my business but I had to rubber-neck once I saw what kind of car it was. It was a tan '96 or '97 cougar with the stock 15" aluminum wheels. He had smashed into the back of a full sized pickup truck and the front end was pretty much fubar'd. That's really all I got to see since I only got to look for like 4 seconds total. I couldn't tell what kind of driver was in the cougar but odds are it was a woman over the age of 60!

Gotta love the way I make fun of my own car being a grandma car!

Well, that is all. Everybody have a safe and merry Monday!

FYI, this is my car:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AverageJoe said:
Ice + traffic != fun times...
Yeah, we're not used to that in these parts.

The salt trucks were a little to generous with the amount of salt they were dumping. The SALT was like an inch thick in some places!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,208 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Ice + traffic != fun times...
and these people can't even drive in the rain, much less ice.
 

·
Sheepish
Joined
·
4,085 Posts
ShadowDragon said:


and these people can't even drive in the rain, much less ice.
Hey now, I'm in a desert here, rain isn't exactly common. And the fact of most people here not being able to drive in the rain is the reason I've got my bird in the first place as opposed to still driving my Grand Prix I had...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AverageJoe said:
And the fact of most people here not being able to drive in the rain is the reason I've got my bird in the first place as opposed to still driving my Grand Prix I had...
Whaddya mean by that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
I think he means, that he wrecked in his grand prix, and it was totalled, so he bought the bird.....

:D

naa I don't go down I-77 anymore, that's just asking for it. I take I-85 to Billy Graham, and even that route was pretty much screwed this morning....
Some people should take the bus....
 

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
Joined
·
11,719 Posts
Well when I left work last night we had a foot of snow on the ground. I could only do about 50 (usually do 80) and it was actually quite fun. I could throw the rear end around just by giving it a sharp turn, and could spin the tires in 5th @ 2 grand.

I passed ONE car on my 25 mile commute...some pasny doing 20 on the interstate :rolleyes: I then managed to get stuck leaving my driveway for work this morning. :leftright
 

·
Sheepish
Joined
·
4,085 Posts
JoelBender said:
I think he means, that he wrecked in his grand prix, and it was totalled, so he bought the bird.....
Hey now, I was driving normally down University when this woman was speeding in the rain, no lights, windows so fogged you couldn't see the people inside and ran a stop sign....putting the full force of her 91 Escort wagon into my passenger door.

10 days later I laid eyes on my bird at a Chevy dealer (was looking for a firebird), sat in it, popped the hood and saw a RWD mustang motor (i didn't know jack about the 4.6 or any ford for that matter) and the price was right. I took it for a test drive and began the first day of my love affair with Thunderbirds and MN12s. Took me 3 days to find TCCoA and i've been annoying you guys for nearly 2 years now.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,208 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Hey now, I'm in a desert here, rain isn't exactly common.
I meant here. Even with all the hurricanes and the weird rain that we have here people still freak out when water hits their prescious windshield and makes them drop the celphone into their triple mocha latté and splash it onto the newspaper in their lap.
 

·
Sheepish
Joined
·
4,085 Posts
ShadowDragon said:


I meant here. Even with all the hurricanes and the weird rain that we have here people still freak out when water hits their prescious windshield and makes them drop the celphone into their triple mocha latté and splash it onto the newspaper in their lap.
LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,411 Posts
I saw one yesterday when I was heading to Riverhead... Black T-Bird, 94-97, I think. The whole front end was crunched, so I couldn't tell what year from that... Poor car :(
 

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
you guys would hate it up here. its snowing, raining, or the roads covered in ice all the time. no big deal to me though, i 'm used to it.

Frank
 

·
Sheepish
Joined
·
4,085 Posts
fdawg97lx said:
you guys would hate it up here. its snowing, raining, or the roads covered in ice all the time. no big deal to me though, i 'm used to it.

Frank
Better you than me. Its still mid-70s during the day here with mid 40s at night...I try not to go outside as much as night these days...to freakin cold!
 

·
Sweet T
Joined
·
3,452 Posts
San Diego is the same way. Some rain hits the ground and people do one of two things... They do 35-40 on the Freeway, or they drive at their typical speed (70-80). The problems occur when those two drivers meet. I usually stay off the freeway when it rains for that exact reason. I /really/ don't want to get rear-ended by some Mexican with no insurance. ( Not saying that all mexicans don't have insurance, but the ones from TJ usually don't. )
 

·
Sheepish
Joined
·
4,085 Posts
SanDiegoLXBird said:
San Diego is the same way. Some rain hits the ground and people do one of two things... They do 35-40 on the Freeway, or they drive at their typical speed (70-80). The problems occur when those two drivers meet. I usually stay off the freeway when it rains for that exact reason. I /really/ don't want to get rear-ended by some Mexican with no insurance. ( Not saying that all mexicans don't have insurance, but the ones from TJ usually don't. )
Hey, one without insurance is who hit my Pontiac....thats why I have liability as well as Uninsured Motorist insurance....
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top