TCCoA Forums banner

Accufab Plenum Question

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  smokymance 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have seen a few folks mentioning the Accufab Plenum set up, and I have a few questions.

Does anyone have a specific part number for it, because I am looking at Accufab’s website and here is what they list:

Ford 1996-2004 4.6L 2V Throttle Body

Ford Throttle Body 70mm 96-04 F7046 $ 225.99
Ford Throttle Body 75mm 96-04 F7546 $ 235.99
4.6L 2V Plenum 96-04 4.6 Plenum $ 239.99
Ford Throttle Body & Plenum 70mm 96-04 F7046K $ 459.99
Ford Throttle Body & Plenum 75mm 96-04 F7546K $ 469.99

I am not sure if the above plenum will work for a 97 T-bird? If the above is the correct plenum, does anyone have a place to order the plenum from for a good price?

I just bought a C&L plenum, and if I can avoid screwing with the brake booster vacuum, it makes my job easier. In addition I have a MAC intake setup, C&L 73mm MAF housing, and a BBK 75mm TB. I may switch to an Accufab TB if they have the proper plenum.

If anyone has some info, please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
first of all, Dan Newman @ Joe Cooper Ford is an Accufab Dealer......so you can get it from him...email him for a price

as long as you get the plenum with the proper PCV size (dime-size, not nickel-sized), you shouldn't have a problem

for either plenum, all you need to do is reroute the evaporator vacuum line (the one that gets its vacuum from the rear-facing port on the plenum) to the PCV valve...the top snout of the PCV has a plug that can just pop off, providing vacuum.....run about a 10" long rubber vacuum hose from it to the metal evaporator vacuum line right by the passenger side valve cover......this frees up the vacuum port on the rear-facing side of the plenum.......use this vacuum port for the brakes.....on the C&L it is the proper size and all you do is put a clamp on it

#3 ·
or if you dont want to use the PCV....

I wasnt crazy about running vacumn off something that is in the vavle cover, so I bought a t-fitting and there was no modification neccesary for anything, it was all within access. Either way works, just wanna throw ideas out there...

#5 ·
I have an Accufab Plenum on my 97. I simply called John @ Accufab and he took the plenum which I had bought else where and added the part that was needed and he even shipped it back to me over night for free.

Can't get better service then Accufab. Using the 70mm Accufab TB, but my motor is NA and the tests don't show any improvement with the 75mm.

I have used the FRPP and the BBK and the MAC TBs and the Accufab kicks butt compared to those as far as noise, performance, and fuel mileage. IMO

Just call John and talk to him. I had the first one made by them and they were great to work worth. He went out and brought a 97 into the shop and stuck the plenum on it and made sure it would operate correctly and fit before sending it back to me. He even sent 2 different sizes for the vaccum connection so that I wouldn't have to get do anything elaborate.

Did have to go purchase a $0.50 part to get my line to connect but that was more my fault for messing with them before hand.

I have had no idel hunting issues as has been expressed by others with this plenum and TB combination. Took the computer a few days to get use to the air increase, but other then that things are running smooth. Now it's time for an 80mm MAF..........

GL with this and please let me know how this turns out. If you need a TB for around $211 let me know. Thats for a 70mm Accufab.

#6 ·
I just got home from installing the TFS plenum.
What I did was cut teh evapaporate vacuum line about where it is perpendicular with the PCV valve, and attach the rubber hose that attatched it to the behind the plenum originally, and connected that to the PVC valve, and put the newly shortened evap. line into that hose.
For the brake vacuum line I just disconnected it where the rubber hose connects to the metal "manifold", and connected the hose to the rear of the plenum (where the evap. line would have went).

So no I didn't have to buy extra hose or anything, used everyhting that was already there.

not only did I get increased airflow, but I must have taken off .3 pounds of metal & plastic lines and rubber hose :D

#10 ·

#11 ·
you see the brass thing? that's the T. the hose is 3/8 tranny hose that starts from right side next to the egr valve. the hose is just a bit lover a feet long. buy that 3/8 tranny hose and bring to home depot or lowes and get a brass T. i think the T i use is 1/2" because 3/8" is a little bit small.

#13 ·
Important Help needed fast

I'm installing my new Accufab plenum and didn't notice that the connection on the back is not the same. The new one has a large connection with a 90 degree elbow and the old one was a small straight line. I have to have the car up and running by tomorrow, is there anything I can do?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.